Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to the Cruze family. Just 4 days ago I picked up a brand new 2014 Cruze ECO and I'm absolutely in love. The turbo is fantastic. I find myself pulling ahead of everyone else at stop lights without even noticing it. My car has so many great things in it. The Pioneer sound, touch screen, Bluetooth, the works. I guess my question is what should I do next if anything at all to get the most out of my Cruze?

·
Registered
508 Posts
i'd get some window tintI would of said 15.6 gallon FLVV, but your car already has that. I'd get some window tint first.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
Patience would be the next thing you need to learn about .
You have an economy cruzen which is built to be efficient and slow .
Do yourself the favor of perusing the how to's in the fuel economy Forum .

·
Administrator
25,038 Posts
Welcome - give your car premium gas and see how it likes it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Patience would be the next thing you need to learn about .
You have an economy cruzen which is built to be efficient and slow .
Do yourself the favor of perusing the how to's in the fuel economy Forum .
Actually, if I recall correctly, the Eco is the quickest Cruze model.

Is it the new SS sedan? No. Not even close. It's not even a Cobalt SS. But lighter weight, aerodynamic improvements....that's stuff people have been doing to eke out a bit more performance for years

Yeah, it is an Eco, but it is pretty competitive with other cars in its class. The Focus SFE runs 0-60 around the same time but you have to buy options like cruise control in a separate more expensive package. It lacks the LT/LTZ Z-link rear, but it still handles better than the Elantra. (and unlike the Atomic Guppy, the Eco can get it's rated mpg)

It does have a pretty aggressive 1st and 2nd gear followed by a very economical 5th and 6th. Top gear acceleration from 35-50 happens in about 14.......minutes.

Hey, look at that! I'm defending my car already!!! I think it took me longer to find ways to defend my Civics.

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts
So I'm new to the Cruze family. Just 4 days ago I picked up a brand new 2014 Cruze ECO and I'm absolutely in love. The turbo is fantastic. I find myself pulling ahead of everyone else at stop lights without even noticing it. My car has so many great things in it. The Pioneer sound, touch screen, Bluetooth, the works. I guess my question is what should I do next if anything at all to get the most out of my Cruze?
Something like 7 out of 10 serious accidents occur when being the first off the line, "finding yourself pulling ahead of everyone else at stop lights without even noticing". You see the other thing you don't notice or are able to avoid is cross traffic. I must assume you are a very young and/or inexperienced driver. We are driving a 138 HP CRUZE. Drive Safely~

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Personally I love rain guards. Maybe it's just me but I like the windows cracked or down(weather permitting)for nice air circulation. That's why the cabin filter doesn't make much sense to me, though I do understand the "reason" for it.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,537 Posts
Actually, if I recall correctly, the Eco is the quickest Cruze model.

Is it the new SS sedan? No. Not even close. It's not even a Cobalt SS. But lighter weight, aerodynamic improvements....that's stuff people have been doing to eke out a bit more performance for years

Yeah, it is an Eco, but it is pretty competitive with other cars in its class. The Focus SFE runs 0-60 around the same time but you have to buy options like cruise control in a separate more expensive package. It lacks the LT/LTZ Z-link rear, but it still handles better than the Elantra. (and unlike the Atomic Guppy, the Eco can get it's rated mpg)

It does have a pretty aggressive 1st and 2nd gear followed by a very economical 5th and 6th. Top gear acceleration from 35-50 happens in about 14.......minutes.

Hey, look at that! I'm defending my car already!!! I think it took me longer to find ways to defend my Civics.
Haha, automatic Cruzen are the slowest of them all, Eco trim or not. Unless diesel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its still 300% faster than my base model 08 cobalt I came from. I dont like to go all that fast anyway. I got pulled over for going way over the speed limit and the cop let me off with a warning 3 years ago. I refuse to roll the dice again lol

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts
Its still 300% faster than my base model 08 cobalt I came from. I dont like to go all that fast anyway. I got pulled over for going way over the speed limit and the cop let me off with a warning 3 years ago. I refuse to roll the dice again lol
Well I have the Turbo 1.4 and have never driven a Car so slow or had a smaller engine. While I don't jet out into the intersection when the light turns green, I certainly do not rely of the CRUZE for any display of power.

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts
Turbo = race car.

I mean, obviously.
JB, you really believe that because the CRUZE has a tiny Turbo in a tiny Motor it is fast? What is the smallest engine you have ever had. Why my Turbo 1.6 Colt had 110 HP, the non Turbo was 100 HP. I'm not sure I have ever owned a car, any car that didn't spin a wheel from a start. But more important, jetting out of an intersection might be the most dangerous move any driver can make. Perhaps the 138 HP ECO is a rocket ship compared to the non ECO. I had a non Turbo V6 Sonata with 237 HP and that thing was super strong. The CRUZE is a cool car but is an Air puffer, not a race car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts