Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe Homelink isn't even an option. I added it to my 04 GTO in the mirror - not an option on the Cruze - so where do you keep you opener??

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
At Home Depot.. where my garage is.. :disgust:

Reactions: iKermit

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
For the last 6 or 8 cars I've owned, I've mounted the transmitter up behind the dash on the driver's side. I have the transmitters wired with two wires coming out of the case and terminating in a 2 conductor plug. The wires are connected to the push button contacts on the transmitter circuit board. I install a pushbutton on the dash wired to a mating 2 conductor plug. Every car I've owned has had a spare accessory switch panel on the dash to mount the switch on. This keeps the remote out of sight, but still easy to use. It also does not involve using any of the car's wiring. I just hang the opener on whatever is handy and as high up as I can. Everything came from Radio Shack. Battteries usually last at least 5 years, so getting to them to change them is no big deal.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Had it on the passenger side visor before I added the Homelink. It just seemed too close to my head when on the driver's side. Glad to have both visors clear now though.
Check out my thread
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/show...led a Homelink module in the Overhead Console

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Fixed. Lol

I keep mine in my pocket. :\

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Strange the title in the link is right but when I click it, it send me to the 02 housing thread. Is it just me?

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Lol this app is useless sometimes. I have to watch the title when I'm posting or it posts to a wrong thread.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
My kids got together about 12 years ago and purchased a garage door opener for me. Did have to install it myself. Until then, never had problems with a remote, but still carry the key just in case.

Why is this a problem, remotes that came with it are very tiny with a sun visor clip, I am very tall, just clip it on the far left side of the drivers' sun visor. Maybe I don't know enough about remotes, wires hanging down or a ring you have to hang up on a nail pounded into the windshield?

Did have a friend working for Sears, he gave me two more remotes so I have four now, recall only changing batteries once in the remote I used the most. Maybe you guys should post a photo.

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
I got one on each sun visor. I bought an extra one and it is on my wife's side so she can control the garage door(afraid I will forget).

·
Registered
256 Posts
I will keep it in my car as soon as I buy a house; that is if it even has a garage. But for not not a concern.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have my opener button attached with Velcro to the recessed portion of the driver's side door pocket. It's completely invisible to anyone looking for it. I just reach my hand down into the recess and press the button. It's attached to the inside wall of the door pocket, towards the back, if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I put my remote in the small compartment just in front of the shifter. The Chamberlain remote fits in this location perfect and it works great from the end of the driveway everytime.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have my opener button attached with Velcro to the recessed portion of the driver's side door pocket. It's completely invisible to anyone looking for it. I just reach my hand down into the recess and press the button. It's attached to the inside wall of the door pocket, towards the back, if that makes any sense.
I like this idea...does it work well? Did you point it towards the front?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I like this idea...does it work well? Did you point it towards the front?
Bumper Automotive exterior Tire Vehicle door Automotive tire

This is with the door open, and looking towards the back of the door pocket with the cup holder in the foreground. It works very well for me. It's a natural and easy reach to stick my hand down there and press the button, and I wasn't using that space for anything anyway. I used velcro so it can be easily removed for battery changes. So far, it's been there for over a year without being removed or coming unstuck.

The transmitter works in this location from a good 100 feet away. Far enough away that I can keep driving in first gear right into the garage without using my clutch.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am going to give this a try!

·
Registered
378 Posts
thats where i put my opener too but its not secured to anything

1 - 20 of 21 Posts