Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most may know, the Cruze uses a small turbo, the smallest turbo in a series of turbos, TD02. After doing some digging, I have figured out that the Malibu’s 1.5t uses the next turbo in the series of turbos, TD025. A swap and a tune, and it could be a nice increase in power. It might not be a big size difference, but it can still do something to those who want it.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a completely wild guess, but there might be a chance that the equinox/terrain 1.5t uses TD03. It probably uses a bigger turbo to make up for the weight difference. Otherwise, I can’t think of a reason why they just wouldn’t use the LFV for it. But like I said, a completely wild guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
lol just leave it alone its a cruze its never going to be fast unless you swap a 2.0 turbo motor in it

·
Registered
588 Posts
My gen1 cruze already has those dyno numbers beat 🤷‍♂️. I'd rather have the smaller turbo with the automatic.. I like having max torque sub 2k rpm...

Everyone who has went bigger has said the turbo takes longer to spool and how much boost can you possibly shove into the cylinder lol. The one we have is good

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m just trying to open the door for those who want to try. When looking at threads regarding increasing power, almost all of them mention that the turbo is too small and is one of the limiting factors. I just want others to know that there might be another option out there.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I’m just trying to open the door for those who want to try. When looking at threads regarding increasing power, almost all of them mention that the turbo is too small and is one of the limiting factors. I just want others to know that there might be another option out there.
Too small how? I can run 22-23 psi boost all day and had BNR bring it up to 28 psi... how much boost are you wanting? Gotta think in terms of breathing, cylinder air mass.. yes you can increase the intake and exhaust, but you'll never change the size of the cylinder air mass....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Just really need to keep iat down and use a meth kit so you can advance the timing. You won't need as much boost if you can advance timing

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Too small how? I can run 22-23 psi boost all day and had BNR bring it up to 28 psi... how much boost are you wanting? Gotta think in terms of breathing, cylinder air mass.. yes you can increase the intake and exhaust, but you'll never change the size of the cylinder air mass....
That seems a lot of PSI for such a small turbo. Wouldn’t it be blowing way too hot of air out of it and out of the compressor maps designed zone?

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
A swap to the LNF would be better.

If Chevy had offered a Cruze SS with the 2.0 LNF engine and F35 transmission, I'd have bought that car.
I’d take the gen 1 2.0 with a stick shift and a Torsion LSD. I would have happily paid another 2k for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A swap to the LNF would be better.

If Chevy had offered a Cruze SS with the 2.0 LNF engine and F35 transmission, I'd have bought that car.
Exactly, I think GM would have sold a ton of those. But, GM likes to build boring cars these days that don't really do much for customers. Ugh...

·
Registered
777 Posts
I think GM would have sold a ton of those.
You can never tell. People always say "They'll sell a ton of [insert thing I say that I'm passionate about]" but then the sales numbers don't materialize. It's like manual transmissions: everyone SAYS they want them but then no one buys them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts