Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I think if GM really wanted to try, and didn’t want to use the 2.0t, they could have used the 1.6t gasoline engine from Europe and set the power/torque to around 215/220, or something around that. It’s crazy how much variation Europe had. Even their 1.4t used the TD025 unit instead of the TD02 units we have in our engines.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Lol I hate those assholes. Interstate and highways here are 65-70 mph. Get those sunday drivers who merge on these roads going 40- 45 and then as soon as they get in the lane they accelerate to the speed limit.

They force me to merge with 70+ mph moving vehicles going 40s.... so dumb...
I usually jump across to the left lane if it's clear and pass em before they even merge off the ramp lol. Illegal I know lol
Yeah same. Conversely though you've got the assholes that won't let you merge and accelerate to fill the gap because for some godly reason you being in front of them on the highway is a weird cardinal sin.

·
Registered
445 Posts
My friend had an hhr ss.. tuned Bolton's. Couldnt keep it pointed straight If you gave it the beans.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,486 Posts
The perks of the 4T45E in my Cobalt: equal length half shafts.

With the M62, it spins, hard, but it goes straight.

Reactions: -loki-

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can never tell. People always say "They'll sell a ton of [insert thing I say that I'm passionate about]" but then the sales numbers don't materialize. It's like manual transmissions: everyone SAYS they want them but then no one buys them.
You have a point, but I wanted a manual transmission and I bought one.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,224 Posts
Just to jump in on the boost thing, I'm Trifecta tuned and the boost hits 30PSI per my Dyno guy. I cannot speak to the long term effects, but it is soooo hard to stay off the peddle. I'll be posting the dyno sheets in the next few days- just have to remember to bring them in to scan them...old age you know is a terrible thing for some minds...

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,316 Posts
Just to jump in on the boost thing, I'm Trifecta tuned and the boost hits 30PSI per my Dyno guy. I cannot speak to the long term effects, but it is soooo hard to stay off the peddle. I'll be posting the dyno sheets in the next few days- just have to remember to bring them in to scan them...old age you know is a terrible thing for some minds...
From the turbo itself or is that MAP pressure?

·
Registered
212 Posts
nobody wants a 4 door ss cruze ...

·
Registered
212 Posts
eww hatchback? even worse and still 2 many doors lol that lnf cruze that got built was pretty cool but you could just buy a used cobalt ss and it would still be faster and lighter

·
Registered
780 Posts
nobody wants a 4 door ss cruze ...
Nobody wants a coupe.

At least the sales figures tell us that, with basically every coupe on the market being discontinued (Honda Accord is gone, Honda Civic is gone, Mercedes S-series coupe is gone, the Monte Carlo is gone a long time ago, etc.).

The Cobalt SS sold in OK numbers as a product of its time.

The Honda Civic Type R is only a 5-door hatchback, and the Si could only be had in sedan or hatchback.

Even the VW Golf ditched the 3-door model (even in the GTI).

Nobody wants a coupe.

·
Registered
212 Posts
lol guess thats why i paid 40k for a v8 rwd manual coupe ...nobody wants a shitbox 4 cylinder coupe you mean

·
Registered
445 Posts
For 10k you can find plenty of cool 2dr 4cyl... import a Nissan skyline gts

41 - 53 of 53 Posts