Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Sold my Cruze for a 4 Door Wrangler, I will miss the Cruze in ways.

5K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  trevor_geiger 
#1 ·
Well it looks like after owning this 2013 Cruze for 3 years my wife and I decided to move into a larger vehicle which allows us more use especially with our 5 year old. It has been a great car and we have enjoyed it, but there is nothing like having the top and doors off of a 4 door Wrangler. I will hang around on the site to still help since I have done a few write ups on the website. This has been a great group and I can say that the car is much better than its reputation of being unreliable.

#2 ·
Are you going to turn your Wrangler pink as well?

#31 ·
She does have some pink on it, but nothing like her Cruze.

#3 ·
I'm jealous of your ability to remove the doors and top. Always loved that about Wranglers. Maybe when it's paid off you can pick up another used cruze as a daily driver and have the best of both haha. I know my plans are to do the opposite when the cruze is paid off, buy a truck/wrangler to haul my bike around and have some fun off road.

#5 ·
Ha, while at the campgrounds, wife saw a Wrangler and said she wanted one of those. Did have WiFi there, looked up the price and the fuel economy. She said never mind.

Are you sure? We can drive that Wrangler places where our Cruze just can't go, and the guy is even pulling a 20' camper trailer with it. She said, just because she likes it, doesn't mean we have to buy one.

How is the wind noise in yours? Ha, when you get a couple more kids, will have to get a minivan. Son told me he would never buy a mini, said he didn't, his wife did.

#26 ·
Please say it's not a 3.8 :). The 3.6 Pentastar is a good engine that Chrysler has needed for a long time.

This will mark this Jeeps 10th year in service. Been a good car, but also a useless engine (3.7).

View attachment 179665
3.6 rocks. Probably not the ideal choice for a off-roader where more low end torque is needed, but still works well overall.

#12 ·
Son, also a Chrysler fan was also telling me about how terrible that 3.8L engine is and practically next to impossible to change the oil filter. He or his wife I should say got the 3.6. I did lift the hood, rear half of the engine is buried under the firewall on their T&C, think they jammed that up there after the engine was fully assembled, and I understand you change the plugs from underneath. Its scary down there!

Gone are the days when you could toss your kids in the rear of your pickup to take them to town.

In terms of going anyway with a Wrangler 4WD drive with their ads, kind of doubt this, already buried a huge Case with four really huge tires, 4WD in the middle of a farm field. Hit what they call a frost boil. took two other tractors with a 200 foot chain to pull it out. But first had to remove the disk first. Should have seen my Sunday shoes.

#13 ·
The 3.8 gets a bad rap. Its actually better in every way over the 4.0 is replaced. The 3.6 is nice though.

If you dont like the performance of a 3.8 the re-gear it. Makes a world of difference performance wise and unlocks alot of power sapped with the default gearing. I have the 3.73 which is fine for me, but 4.10 is the sweet spot for the Auto 3.8.

The manual 3.8 is good with the 3.73 gears

#15 ·
I see the allure of a jeep and they're always in the back of my mind because of their undeniable capabilities. However they're fuel hungry and rot away within 10 years here (nova scotia). I've welded up the arch over the rear wheels on 10 year old jeep wranglers. It's a pity really.

#19 ·
The little Liberty has been a great tow vehicle. Rated at 5000 lbs, which isn't bad for a small SUV. Very solid with a 4000 lb trailer behind it.

Needs more power, though. It's got torque, but when 3rd gear isn't enough to pull hills, it drops to 2nd and throbs. And drinks like an Irishman on St Patty's.

#18 ·
My mother has the new Chrysler 200 with that 3.6L V6. It's pretty potent. If only it had an option for a manual transmission that 9 speed won't make up it's mind. It is constantly shifting from one gear to another. The engine is good though.

Reactions: jblackburn
#24 ·
They haven't sold those since the Model A was still out right?

#29 ·
My dreams are childish, this is much more realistic. :)

Reactions: money_man
#33 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.