Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok, now I feel like an a55. I know one of the few guys on here from Germany had the diesel and we all wanted his wheels... lol They're nice, just not my style.
Sometimes I think about why I haven´t taken the diesel version. God **** gas prices are rising up. A liter in Germany is 1.69 Euro at the moment.

Another question, do your headlights also have an e mark? or is there only a D.O.T and SAE stamped in the glas? Really like those!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Just had my fill of rusty steel rims and hub caps getting lost or stolen, or rusted on so bad, can't get them off without wrecking them. Alloys are a great improvement.

Ha, got paranoid when I first got my Surpa so got a set of those keyed lugnuts that are really a pain in the butt. Those keys can easily break off. But then after a bit of looking, found replacement keys everywhere, so I dumped those. Not quite as fancy as those in that link, but still a pain in the butt to clean. Broke down and purchased that wheel dust repellent, just spray those on my five spokes, took a couple of minutes break and hosed them off, nice and clean inside and outside.

Neighbor has a diesel, or should say had. In the USA, diesel fuel was always cheaper than gas, and was a bargain, used to be 150K BTU's of energy as compared to 120K BTU's for car gas. Have no idea where its at today, BTU's on car gas sure went down, maybe diesel is the same. But the oil companies took care of that diesel fuel is now a lot more expensive than gas.

Then cold weather starting problems, neighbor had to add a 1,500 watt heater just to get it going in the morning that skyrocketed his electric bill, we no longer get hydroelectric power for 1.7 cents a KWH. If he took his car to the airport where it had to sit outside for even a day, had to call a tow truck to get it started again. And before he could take off, had to let it warm up for at least ten minutes first, or it will kill. Then the parts costs of these things. His injector pump went out, talk about a second home mortage.

Don't want to sound negative, but perhaps someone could list advantages of diesel in a northern climate and with what the oil companies are doing. EPA is also turning the screws on diesels, not so much for the large corporations, but for the individual with emission requirements. Same way with refrigerants, let the corporations get away with murder on leaking systems, but will hit an individual with a $25,000 fine if caught releasing an ounce of even R-134a. Come to think of it, the IRS is the same way if you are an individual.

Getting **** to be an individual.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts