Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Locking my keys in the trunk. First time I was as Disneyland and had my keys in the backpack with all the misc crap we brought for the day because I didn't want to lose them at the park. Threw the backpack in the trunk and closed in before I realized my mistake. Had to call AAA to come pop the locks.

Tonight I went to the grocery store in gym shorts with no pockets. Threw the keys in a bag as I was leaving. Threw the bag in the trunk and voila, here we are again. Now I've gotta walk home to grab the spare set.

Maybe I'm just a moron but I feel like there's a design flaw that makes so it so my keys are 6 inches from the trunk door and it won't reopen, but if they were a foot outside the trunk, no problem. The downside of getting too used to keyless entry and start that I never even think about where my keys are to begin with I guess.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
The next clue would be the pocketless shorts.
Even Navy Seals have a pocket !

Reactions: Aussie

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,794 Posts
Lame. Get in the habit of unlocking the car doors first and the trunk will pop open with the outside release button.

That was about the only useful thing about OnStar to me - the phone app to unlock the car was pretty cool.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that was a nice feature. Just didn't want to keep paying for OnStar. And that's where I say technology is my downfall. I never unlock the doors because I don't have to. I just pull up on the door handle and they unlock. It's like magic. Except when I leave the keys in the trunk. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
4,150 Posts
At least you didn't lock the car with engine running like I did when I was about 19. My mother did some washing for a sick friend and asked me to deliver it for her, so off I went took the washing out of the car and locked the passengers door to deliver it and left the engine running as it would take less than a minute. The car had a bench seat and I had slipped out the passengers side and locked the door behind me, when I got back I remembered I drove with the doors locked and hadn't opened the drivers door to get out. Luckily I was only a couple of blocks from home and got a spare key.

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
At least you didn't lock the car with engine running like I did when I was about 19. My mother did some washing for a sick friend and asked me to deliver it for her, so off I went took the washing out of the car and locked the passengers door to deliver it and left the engine running as it would take less than a minute. The car had a bench seat and I had slipped out the passengers side and locked the door behind me, when I got back I remembered I drove with the doors locked and hadn't opened the drivers door to get out. Luckily I was only a couple of blocks from home and got a spare key.
Did this in a car wash. I was steam cleaning the engine so I left it running and getting out I automatically locked the doors. I was a mile + from home so had to call someone to bring my extra door key. Another time I was at Atlantic beach NC. I put my keys in a shoe. My wallet with a spare door key was in my trunk. I was there with a friend. We had similar shoes and he picked up my shoes rather than his and was dumping out the sand(in the ocean) lost my keys in the ocean. Needless to say never saw them again. We ended up calling a locksmith to get into my car and into my trunk to get my spare door key. The problem was the ignition. 1981 GM separate door and ignition. Locksmith could not break into my car. My friend picked up a coat hangar and broke in b4 he did. Locksmith did not have his truck that would make an ignition key. So he had to change the ignition switch
What could I say OK. He said real expensive! I told him get my wallet in the trunk, I got plenty of money. After removing the back seat I showed him that money was not an issue and he changed the switch. I am waiting for 5-$600. He said $75 which I got back from AAA. Haven't done it since!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
Did the same with my DTS about a month ago. One call to OnStar and problem solved.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Lame. Get in the habit of unlocking the car doors first and the trunk will pop open with the outside release button.

That was about the only useful thing about OnStar to me - the phone app to unlock the car was pretty cool.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Is this provided your cell is not in that bag as well? So AAA can open the door? Wonder how they do that as rare to even find a locksmith that can make a key for this thing! Maybe those modified hack saw blades still work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.