Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know hoe to fix this problem. and i dont have enough money to pay for $100 inspections that come back with no results.

While driving the car would continuously reboot the radio and the warning StabiliTrak light as well as the power steering warning will show up on the dash. the car would experience very stiff steering and I almost got into a crash 3 times because of it. I took it to the AutoNation Chevrolet Laurel, MD dealership and they could not diagnose a problem with the battery. another technician from TNT Auto in Columbia, MD said that all the wires seem to be on there tight too.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
Go to the dealer, explain what's going on, and mention Special Coverage #14311: Negative Battery Cable and ask if they will replace that cable. It's the general understanding of the group here that the dealer only has to hear a complaint about the symptoms, and they don't have to duplicate it themselves. Which would be a good thing because trying to duplicate an intermittent problem is hit or miss and the bane of anyone who fixes things. But I'd verify that they will just follow the bulletin and not try to duplicate the problem first.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said above.

Tell your dealer you want your money back because they seem to be unable or unwilling to read current service bulletins.
Not your fault they won't take the time.

Rob

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I dont know hoe to fix this problem. and i dont have enough money to pay for $100 inspections that come back with no results.

While driving the car would continuously reboot the radio and the warning StabiliTrak light as well as the power steering warning will show up on the dash. the car would experience very stiff steering and I almost got into a crash 3 times because of it. I took it to the AutoNation Chevrolet Laurel, MD dealership and they could not diagnose a problem with the battery. another technician from TNT Auto in Columbia, MD said that all the wires seem to be on there tight too.
Hey Ape88z,

Let me know if you need any additional assistance from me! Just send me a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Always happy to help the best way possible and to look into this more for you.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
OP,
Take Customer Care up on their offer.

If I may, I wish to expand on this a bit.

Specifically a 'Diagnostic Fee'

The reason, originally, a fee to diagnose was created, was to get paid for the time taken for a accurate diagnosis of a problem only IF the customer chose NOT to have the recommended repair performed.
The agreement for the charge included a period of time you could return for the recommended service and the 'Fee' would be applied to the total cost of the repair.
This was fair IMO. No one should be asked for time given for free.
Many customers would take the diagnosis to a less expensive shop or do it themselves for cost control and that was just fine.

However, in this case, a 'Diagnostic Fee' is being charged for a 'No Problem Found'.......that means a charge is being applied for ineptitude.
There IS a problem.....you didn't turn your schedule upside down to bring your car in just so the tech. assigned is unable to locate the concern.

By paying this fee, you are giving the dealer (or any shop) free reign to not even try to resolve the issue.

Stand your ground.....you did NOT recieve a diagnostic report.....therefore, you owe nothing.
As long as you cave in, and pay, you are essentially paying for something you could do yourself......that being, NOTHING.

As long as folks pay for nothing there isn't much reason for the service department to try very hard, now is there?

Get tough, or this urine poor way of doing business will continue.

End rant,
Rob

·
Administrator
25,100 Posts
Rob, I can't like that one enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts