Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Signed up on this forum awhile ago, but first time posting. I have a 2011 Cruze RS (original owner) with a transmission issue. I have no reverse and barely can go over 20MPH. Took it to the dealer and was told that I would need a new trans. Of course, my warranty expired a year ago and I made my last payment two months ago. I had inquired in the past at this dealership about transmission service, but was told that it did not require service until 100K. Seemed weird, but took their word for it. NOW, they have posted on their desk, trans service every 30K!!!. Was pretty upset, especially since my old lady drives the car and I had been deployed on and off the past 4 years.

Well, my question now is, I have been researching on getting a replacement transmission from a salvage yard, but I see different codes for these transmissions. are they different based on the engine combination (ie; turbo/non-turbo, diesel)? mine is the 1.4L turbo. would a transmission from a non-turbo 2012 model do? Please help. Thank you.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Are you sure the fluid level is ok? The cooler lines and various other places are known to leak on these cars. Wouldn't be the first failure we've heard of, but it wouldn't hurt to check, as it could be a much cheaper problem to solve.

The car needs to be warmed up, in park, and the check plug is pulled at a certain temp. Fluid should dribble out of the level hole. Otherwise, fluid needs to be added (and at that point, wouldn't hurt to dump it all and try fresh fluid to see if it will work again). Most current ATs are quite sensitive to fluid level to operate correctly.

Yes, typically should have fluid changed every 45k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts