Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my name is Alex and today I put down a deposit on a new 2014 Cruze! I'm getting a 2014 2LT in manual with the sun/sound/sport package it looks like (local dealer is sourcing one, but all my options are in that configuration). I was recently hired by GM as an engineer so I figured that I should buy myself a GM vehicle (also since my old Subaru decided it had enough and dumped its gas on my driveway). Im currently living in New York, but that will change in the next 3 weeks. I cant wait to get my Cruze!

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Registered
742 Posts
Congrats on the Purchase and Welcome to CT, Post some Pictures as soon as you get it...

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I absolutely will! Im hoping to end up with black or metallic blue Ray. Those are the two feelers I've got out for now...either way I would be pumped

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi zeoalex

Congrats on your new Cruze and welcome to the forum! I guess welcoming you to GM would be in order too. Enjoy your Cruze. Send me a message if you have any questions (about your Cruze or about Michigan because I live here). If you can, post a picture of your Cruze when you pick it up. Welcome! :wavetowel2:

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your future Cruze!! Congrats on your new engineering job with GM too!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Im actually in Michigan now, and jutstsigned a lease for an apartment in clawson. Ill be working up in Pontiac. Im picking up my Cruze first thing friday morning and I cant wait!

As far as engineering goes, I spent 4 years at U New Hampshire studying mech. Engineering. I love to tinker so ill be doing a bit to my car as time/money allows..and maybe coming up with something new!

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Jumping in here a little late but welcome to the forums!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
As far as engineering goes, I spent 4 years at U New Hampshire studying mech. Engineering.
Hey - I have an MSME (FDU in NJ). When you get that new Cruze send some pictures. And good luck with your new adventure - new job and new place to live. My daughter Graduated (SUNY ESF) as an Environmental Engineer and she just relocated the end of July to Schenectady for her job.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very cool! I'm going to get a masters at some point. Im seriously considering aeronautical engineering so I can do more aerodynamic based stuff..but that may well change.

The car is Atlantis blue, not my first choice...but by no means my last...im trying to figure the best color to dip my bowties...and ill ask this elsewhere probably but black, dark grey or light grey? Based on pictures I'm thinking the dark grey may be best

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Very cool! I'm going to get a masters at some point. Im seriously considering aeronautical engineering so I can do more aerodynamic based stuff..but that may well change.

The car is Atlantis blue, not my first choice...but by no means my last...im trying to figure the best color to dip my bowties...and ill ask this elsewhere probably but black, dark grey or light grey? Based on pictures I'm thinking the dark grey may be best
Just curious, since you've picked out what you want, why can't you get the color you want?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont have time to build it, im moving to Michigan in 2 weeks...we had a lead on a black and blue ray, but one was gone and the other was sold out from under us. I need to have a car to come out here with and I dont really want to wait till the last second. I like the Atlantis blue so I'm not gonna be driving something I hate

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
I hear ya, it sucks to have to buy a car in a hurry. I'm surprised they don't have more options to dealer trade for you to get what you want. Doing a trade should only take a day.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah. I got the car via dealer trade. I want (need) a manual and apparently they're harder to come by. There were 5 in the dealer trade area. Like I said..I like the Atlantis blue...I'm crazy pumped to get it and meet some of you other MI guys. Oh, amd to do some good wrenching on the car

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I may not be picking up my car tomorrow. The dealership has gone back on a few promises we had spoken about price-wise and has made me jump through a bunch of hoops, less than 24 hours before delivery, and on a day I spent most of in a small metal tube, hurtling through the atmosphere (airplanes). I've made a few calls to another dealership who seems to really want my business...so we'll see what happens

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Aww that's not good news. :sad:please let us know if you need our assistance zeoalex. We can call the current dealership or locate a different Cruze for you. We want to make sure that you have a great Cruze purchase experience!

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.