Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help.. I know it has to be something Im doing wrong.. I drive in the city on the weekends and then highway to work during the week. I am not sure how to drive my car to get the best MPG.. What is the manual mode used for and should I be using it int he city? Any tips woudl be great.. I have a car with the RS package.. (not even sure what the difference is.. :eek:( lol) i think its the LS car???

anyway any tips?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I need help.. I know it has to be something Im doing wrong.. I drive in the city on the weekends and then highway to work during the week. I am not sure how to drive my car to get the best MPG.. What is the manual mode used for and should I be using it int he city? Any tips woudl be great.. I have a car with the RS package.. (not even sure what the difference is.. :eek:( lol) i think its the LS car???

anyway any tips?
Wait, is this someone elses car? Because how did you spend 20K and not know what car you have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL I know I know it sounded dumb as I typed it but I needed a new car because my grand am died on me and I was just so excited the dealership said ok have a car lol. I had two choices on the cruze and it came down to the look and color for me not the acutally specificiations... I can go look at the sticker but its in my car and Im tired...

Im avg. about 27mpg which seems low to me. I am still getting used to driving it and wsometimes when i push on the pedal it seems to have no speed and then it just kicks in with a lil jerk as it goes super fast.. Ive tried to control my foot but think that may be part of the problem.. Just was wondering what people were doign to get the best cgas mileage.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Im avg. about 27mpg which seems low to me....
Just was wondering what people were doign to get the best cgas mileage.
This is exactly why this site needs a questionnaire that I've proposed over at http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/27-f...fuel-economy-complainers-required-answer.html.

How about this for starters?
- What do you expect and why?
- Have you looked up EPA ratings for your model (eco vs. non-eco), engine and transmission combo at Side-by-Side Comparison? What are the values?
- How are you determining the mileage?
- What did you get on your previous car? Make, model year and engine of it?
- Trim level (e.g. LS, 1LT, 2LT, etc.) and transmission?
- Trip length in minutes and miles? % of city vs. highway?
- Speeds of the above? Lots of stop and go and/or idling?
- Tire pressures?
- Oil level?
- Outside temps?
- Are you idling/warming up the car after starting it? If yes, for how long?

See my link in post #2 for general hints and background info.

·
Registered
52 Posts
27mpg is OK. But with a little more care a lighter foot in combination driving you should get as I am in my 2Lt about 32mpg's now that it's summer winter a little less although AC is a factor too. Tip: Some time get in manual mode when on a mostly level road and see if your in 6th gear if not do so and you'll see your RPM's drop and you can ease along at 40mph and maybe 1500RPM also you can use manual and start off in second gear. The key is keeping those RPM's down. Slow down and enjoy the nice quiet ride of the Chevy Cruze. I love mine and I drove the Alantra and Optima.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts

anyway any tips?
How long have you had the car? Are you getting 27mpg reading from the DIC or calculating based on fill-up(s)?:confused:

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you are going to try using the manual mode don't use first gear, when you're at a stop just put it in second and go from there. The stupid car downshifts into first when you are stopping.

I don't know what the heck they were thinking having it do that. you never shift back into first when your driving "manual" not unless you wanna smack your face off the steering wheel lol.

Starting in second will also "lower" that jerking take off you are experiening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys new to this just had some quick questions

hey i just got my chevy cruze 1.4 turbo and was wondering if anyone has or is thinking about doing any proformance tunning on there car. something in the lines of this
Chevrolet Cruze Performance Chip ? Cruze Horsepower ECU
what do you guys think?
what do you think is most worth and will be a real help on my car?
thank you for your time and care i look foward to hearing back from someone soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey i just got my chevy cruze 1.4 turbo and was wondering if anyone has or is thinking about doing any proformance tunning on there car. something in the lines of this
Chevrolet Cruze Performance Chip ? Cruze Horsepower ECU
what do you guys think?
what do you think is most worth and will be a real help on my car?
thank you for your time and care i look foward to hearing back from someone soon.
Dont waste your money on a chip. If you really want a performance boost buy a mod from Vince at Trifecta, you will see increases instantly in both performance and a little mpg as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts