Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost my drivers side mirror cover and got my first smal dent on the cruze last night.with in the first 5 mins of the storm a big branch came down and smacked the car..... WTF !!!!

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...not counting the "deductible" that's what comprehen$ive car in$urance is for.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not that bad. I was able to just compound out the light scratches but it left 3 dime sized dents 2 in the door and one in the fender..... Grrrr

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,342 Posts
Paintless dent removal service?

Worked well when my Honda was hit by hail.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
it would have sucked more if you just washed your car,now its dirty and dinged ahh why is the weather so bad everywhere.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It's not that bad. I was able to just compound out the light scratches but it left 3 dime sized dents 2 in the door and one in the fender..... Grrrr
LOL, I had the same reaction to the little door ding I got from some jackhole whanging his door into mine. But someone t-bones (more like 7-bone, but w/e) me in the right side and takes out both doors and the rocker panel, and it's just "*sigh* Time to call the insurance company."

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
that sucks dude. I got lucky down here and avoided branches. last year we had massive hail hit our area, i am doing in ithaca on south hill.

i hope its a painless/ paint-less fix, sorry to hear that it happened.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Who's tree branch hit your car, in general the owner of the tree is responsible for damage. If it was your own tree, how come you didn't trim the branches. Had to do that when I got that motorhome, no place to park it except at the rear of my property.

Last year had to remove two trees, bases were starting to rot out. Not even missed this year, other trees filled in those blank areas and in a big hurry. We also had 60-80 mph winds last week, just found a few small branches in the yard.

What really hurts is when you physically get damaged, cars are throwaway products. Your damage is minor, didn't get pissed off at my wife last month when a deer ran in front of her. But was quite particular that our new Cruze was repaired correctly. After two return visits to my dealer, it was.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's my tree. The trees were properly trimmed last year to the song of 1200$ but with the winds we had and the HUGE leaves that are on the 2 trees that over hang my drive way, it was just a combination for disaster.

Glad you wife is alright.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Those guys want a fortune to trim or remove a tree. Last year, my neighbor and I laid out 125 bucks each to rent a lift that would go up 50 feet, these trees are about 65 feet tall, so had to take the upper branches off first as too much stuff in the way, like our homes. Use to take two foot long 2 by 4's and eight in long lag screws and make a ladder to get up there. LOL, at 73, getting too old for that. But still have three chain saws.

Called a local saw mill, didn't want our trees, said could be a nail in a tree that would wreck their blade. So put up a sign free firewood. We had a line, they came over and cut those up and hauled them away. We had to cut up the smaller branches and haul those to the dump. Found a guy to grind my stumps for ten bucks each, now have grass.

Wife's boss veered to avoid a deer, ended up in the hospital for two months after a triple row over. Deer aren't exactly stupid, leaving the public hunting areas and coming into the towns. See deer in my own backyard, but if I took my gun and shot one, would toss me in jail and throwaway the key. The deer know that. Its becoming a major problem.

We only had damage to the right front fender, insisted on a brand new one, wife's employee paid our 100 buck deductible. But I feel they should have paid all of it, sending her off into the wildness at 3:00 AM in the morning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts