Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Sorry if this has been asked before, but I looked and didn't see. Does any one know how many SQFT I would need to cover the Interior (not Trunk or Roof) with mat including the door panels? Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sorry I can't say in SQ FT, but.. just asking, does your car have such power where FULL insulation for audio is called for? Asking because if so, I'd love to hear about your system :)
Also because, I personally only did the trunk, front doors, and rear deck.

It adds a good amount of weight. I can only imagine a full car's worth, only seen that in really powerful and expensive systems. And I am talking about the "lightweight" Dynamat Xtreme.

If talking Dynamat Xtreme though, you will need I know at least ~8 sheets.

Edit: Excuse my reading, didn't see no trunk. Is the trunk already matted I'm assuming? Or no rear bass/sub(s)?

Also I interpreted it as all 4 door panels fully, with the deck (this might be part of trunk, not sure), and mostly, the entire cabin floor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the long time to respond! Thing's came up and Project got delayed. Currently I Have 2 Alpine Type R's 2D's, 4 Type R 6 1/2 in the doors. With an Alpine mrp-m2000 Amp for the subs, and I cant remember the wattage on the Kenwood for the door speakers I bought it a long time ago. But as far as the Matting goes, Yes the trunk is done and as far as the interior I'm more interested in to reducing noise pollution I noticed that road noise is pretty loud in the Cruze on the highway. So, maybe I should start by asking if mattng Is even what I need for that?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, after looking everywhere I couldn't find the answer. So, I judged off what other people were buying for similar sized 4 door cars and I ordered 2 36sqft bulk packs. So, I'll prolly make a new post showing how far that gets me and how much you should actually buy depending on what you want to cover. I'll be doing my whole car so I'll take pics in stages and keep track of what I've used after each step. Gonna be a long weekend.....

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Sorry for the long time to respond! Thing's came up and Project got delayed. Currently I Have 2 Alpine Type R's 2D's, 4 Type R 6 1/2 in the doors. With an Alpine mrp-m2000 Amp for the subs, and I cant remember the wattage on the Kenwood for the door speakers I bought it a long time ago. But as far as the Matting goes, Yes the trunk is done and as far as the interior I'm more interested in to reducing noise pollution I noticed that road noise is pretty loud in the Cruze on the highway. So, maybe I should start by asking if mattng Is even what I need for that?
Check your tires too, my Cruze is silent as can be on the highway when all music is off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts