Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not 100% but when I'm driving every now, and then I'll be driving for a while. Switching between the brakes, and accelerator. I hear this gear shift, and a metal type sound. I figure it's shifting through. I drive for rideshare company.

Yeah sounds like something shifting, I was curious about it. I think I've heard it before on my uncles car.

I know when the car is sitting sometimes it makes some putt putt sound. Guess that's just how it sounds? I

I purchased this car with a chevy 172 pt inspection. Basically had my mechanic check it, and found something where there was a slight amount of transmission fluid leaking, replaced it but now I'm worried. -->

I refunded the added on maintenance. Which was a hefty amount of money.

Thinking what could this sound be, I'm sure If its normal you guys have heard it.

I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze Lt, 40 k miles. Thinking like If the transmission goes. I'll be like what?

I'd like to hear your opinions, maybe I make a small video? eh

Thank you for your input. - K

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Is it at 12 mph after the car is just started and put in gear? If so, it's just the ABS self check.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's from time to time when I'm starting and stopping. Like downshifting. It sounds like a lever behind the pedals.

I'll keep that in mind about the 12 mph, maybe that is the case It doesn't just happen once. Not that often though. I believe your correct.

Probably nothing to worry about. Maybe ill make a video and post it :p

Can that happen normally from time to time driving. Coming to a stop, and then accelerating?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts