Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my brand new cruse, Limited 2016, and when the car is running 2000 to 2500Rpm i ear a weird sound like a stright pipe Civic . Is that normal?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

·
2,170 Posts
I believe the cruze limited has the same engine as the previous generation turbos, and if that's the case I can provide some feedback on mine.

I noticed the car sort of bogging or struggling if Im at round 2000 or 2200 this was very noticeable when I was running 87 octane, I switched to shell 93 octane, and after noticed a pretty significant change in engine behavior, sometimes it still sounds like it is bogging or has rough piston slap so I just downshift to get higher into the rev range. But I am getting better economy, the timing advance according to my ultra-gauge is better, and it feels slightly more powerful with low end torque.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I full it one time since I have it and I did put 91 (it's the higgest I have in my area).

If i roll 90km/h (56 mph) in 6th gear i am at 2300rpm and I ear the buzzing sound, i downshift to 5th gear and get about 2800rpm and dont ear the sound anymore.

(The Rpm might be wrong but if i remember well thats what i got)

Edit: I posted this problem on facebook too and a guy said it could be the brake line shaking and there is a service bulletin about that.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I'd look at the brake lines and fuel rails. There is very little clearance between these lines and the firewall and we have had multiple reports of them rattling against the firewall between 2000 and 2500 RPM. The solution is very simply pulling them away from the firewall by about an eight of an inch.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'd look at the brake lines and fuel rails. There is very little clearance between these lines and the firewall and we have had multiple reports of them rattling against the firewall between 2000 and 2500 RPM. The solution is very simply pulling them away from the firewall by about an eight of an inch.
I need to do this on my car. My dad found a TSB for it, but I've never done anything about it in the year and half I've had it. It gives a somewhat annoying resonance at about 2k RPM. Must not be annoying enough for me to have not done anything yet, lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it fixed, it was the brake or fuel line rattling against the firewall.

I was also not sure about my handbrake that is going at higest to work and the guy told me it is supposed to adjust by itself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts