Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new here i had a serious issue with my 2013 Cruze. My coil pack blew out had three sparks and one spark plug damaged. Can the spark plug thread that was damaged be re threaded? Three of the new sparks tighten in but one doesn't.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it did the others are good but one thread. I never experience anything like that every went nuts i owned lot of cars and never had that type of problem.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will that cause a warranty to void? Is this normal after 55,000 miles has anyone else experience this?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,970 Posts
Will that cause a warranty to void? Is this normal after 55,000 miles has anyone else experience this?
You would be the first we've heard of. Warranty...probably wouldn't void anything, but not sure this (a replacement head) would be covered under powertrain either.

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
I think a replacement head would be covered under power train.

·
16,970 Posts
I think a replacement head would be covered under power train.
Or would they blame a stripped thread on an owner/mechanic? I think this is more likely.

It was common on Ford 5.4's, but this is the first I've ever heard of for these.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really weird how one spark plug comes lose and cause trouble is this a common issue for the cruze spark plugs to get lose and cause the coil to fail?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are sparks not supposed to come lose on there own? Never heard of such a thing is it common on other brand cars?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Helicoil is not the best repair for spark plug holes. Timesert is the best repair. Blown out plugs are fairly common common on 5.4 F150's from about 15 years ago. Those trucks only had about 3 threads in the heads

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I never seen spark plugs come lose on there own i though the coil pack would still hold them in place even if they came lose. If i get another blow out ill claim lemon law the car is turning into a lemon to me and i take care of it still has low miles too.

·
16,970 Posts
The threads hold them in place. You've got probably 170 PSI on the other side of that plug - if it's loose or misthreaded into the soft aluminum head, the coil pack isn't going to do a thing to hold it in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts