Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Hopefully you kept the old assembly for spare parts.
Yea I've got the new and the old with the 3 extra boots on them... so if you ever tear one you know where to go lol :p

·
Registered
574 Posts
[iurl="http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115985&d=1413155537"]
[/iurl]I ran into the same problem when replacing my spark plugs for some reason at 20k miles one of my spark plugs was causing cylinder 4 to misfire. I looked up and down for just the spark plug boot and i couldnt fond anything. I ended up using the Autolite 500461 spark plug boot and cutting it from the top for the correct length and trimming off the top piece that would be to high for the valve cover so in the end it pretty much looked identical to our stock one. I also was able to use the stock springs so everything worked great. Car is running much smoother now.

Today is sunday so this was about my only option. Boy was I happy it was. $8 i picked up the rubber boot. A little trimming andbit works perfect. Thank you so much bbbevans89! If anyone else wants a cheap fix try it out. It worked great.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oriely's sell s the Coil on Plug boot and spring Part# 99-226 brand Ultima Select, Napa Also has it Spark Plug Boot (Coil on Plug) Part # : BEL 702571 brand Belden I just had to replace them on my 2014 Cruz LT. One tore as I removed the coil pack, I recommend using dielectric grease when installing the new ones and I touch of anti seize on the spark plug threads due to the two different metal, IE; aluminum head vs spark plug to avoid damaging the threads on the aluminum head. also the torque spec on the plug is 18 Ft. Lb. (25 N.m)

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I used the Napa ones on my 1LT. A little pricey for what they are, but still cheaper than having to replace the whole thing. IIRC I spent around $40 for 4 of the Napa boots.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts