Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Spark Plug Madness! acdelco vs NGK vs Denso

17801 Views 13 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Merc6
What is the story with the new acdelco 411-22 vs the 411-21? And why is the NGK 91039 Double the price of a acdelco 411-21 if its the same plug?? Also, Has anybody tried the Denso 5310? Im currently running the Copper NGK'sbut im over them, lost 1 mpg with them and I still have bad hesitation.. Going back to iridiums,,thanks for the help!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
2,211 Posts
Still running NGK V-Power coppers myself after 40000 miles. Just replaced with a new set and gapped at 0.30. Driving a 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco 6M. Never lost any fuel mileage. Just wondering what you had your plugs gapped at?

· Registered
990 Posts
Are you tuned?

· Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no tune, running 91 octane...Didn't mind the Mpg loss at first because power felt better, but now lagging again, probably only have 5000 miles on the plugs....Just ordered some of the new acdelco 41-122's well see I guess...I seach and searched on the forum but seems like nobody has any experience with them..

· Registered
990 Posts
Deco is nothing more then NGK plugs. Also 41122 and 41121 are the pretty much the same plug just a change in heat range. Some of the newer cruzes and sonics use them from the factory

· Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So my Coppers's were at .035 when I pulled them out at 4-5K miles...Started them at .028...Put in the 41-122's, they am gapped at .027...its been like 105-110 degrees here this week..they feel ok nothing special.But nothing does at 110 degrees stop and go driving with the air blasting..not too much lag, a little but probably better than the 41-121's.

· Premium Member
4,634 Posts
A 1 MPG loss is very difficult to accurately quantify in real world driving. I would be willing to bet, based on countless members using NGK V-Power plugs and not reporting a mileage drop, that your mileage variation is not plug related.

I've used the OE Delco/NGK iridium, the BKR7E V-Power, the BKR8E-11, and the BKR8EIX iridium. I actually took the time to do controlled mileage testing (level ground, cruise control, no wind, 2-way average over a marked course) with all the plugs after each change and couldn't measure a difference between any of them.

What kind of mileage are you getting?

10,589 Posts
Going to install my 7EIX plugs either tonight or tomorrow after oil change. Ran the P.I. cleaner last tank so I can try to eliminate as much variables as possible.

Was surprised to see how close they came gapped to .028 compared to the copper version. Hope the gaps hold longer than the coppers did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.