Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
Could you please help me to know which spark plugs are the best for my Cruze 2011 1.4 Turbo?
I saw online the NGK Laser Iridium IFR7X7G but not sure if will fit.
Any recommendation?
Also if you could help me with the calibration.
Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
You'll get a lot of opinions on plugs.
I've been using brisk racing plugs in all my cars and bikes for a few years now, and love them. Really wakes up the Cruze. Dyno proven 3hp increase...

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,664 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

From
Hesitation...GONE!

UPDATE: For those that don't want to read through the 2348972347892 pages of this thread, we have found that the following plugs seem to work best in the 1.4-Liter engines:
-BKR8EIX-2668 (iridium plugs), ~$25, expect ~10-15k regaps on these, ~40-50k overall life.
-BKR7E-4644 (nickel/copper plugs), ~$8, expect 15-25K out of these plugs, with a regap or two required at 5-8k intervals on stock tune.

Pull your coil pack, remove the plugs re-gap your plugs to .028 (do not pry against the electrodes at all), torque to 18 ft-lbs with no anti-seize on the threads of a stock type plug, ensure the boots have no rips / tears or holes in them, lightly coat them with dielectric / silicone grease and make sure the resister springs are clean and not caught up in the boots when you install them. Read Hesitation Gone! if you need new plugs.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
666 Posts
I bo
Hi guys!
Could you please help me to know which spark plugs are the best for my Cruze 2011 1.4 Turbo?
I saw online the NGK Laser Iridium IFR7X7G but not sure if will fit.
Any recommendation?
Also if you could help me with the calibration.
Thanks
Bought the laser iridiums for my 12 eco and they are working great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts