Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello aperry1996,

We regret to hear about this ongoing lights dimming concern with your Cruze. Have you made your dealership aware that this concern still exists? We would be happy to further assist and reach out to them on your behalf for further clarification. If that is something of interest, please send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
The manufacturer determines warranty policy and proceedure.
The dealer is not allowed, and will not be paid for, part and labor$, without being able to prove a failure.

However, if you print and read the bulletin in its entirety you will note that there is a paragraph indicating the dealer is to replace the cable if the customer experiences these type problems.....there is no mention of trying to duplicate and we all know (as well as Chevrolet) that the odds of the failure occuring during testing are remote.
Do make sure the terminals are clean so you don't embarass yourself, heh heh.

I'll speculate that you are doing this by phone and not face to face and you also are doing the inquirey without the bulletin in your hands.
The service writer (or manager) will not know or remember that this policy does not require a 'Proof of Failure' unless you put the document under their nose.

If you are getting too much pushback from the dealers and just want to fix the bloomin thing, buy a cable from chevy (it's cheap) and exchange it.

Chevy, as a manufacturer, has no problem paying to repair the concern.......in your case, you may have a money hungry dealer.

Rob
Want to relate an experience that has really soured my grandson and son-in-law as of yesterday 11-19-2019.
They had been having dash and gauges blackouts as well as radio malfunctions, turn signal ghosts on their 2016 Gen One Eco. All pointing to Negative battery cable defect. Called and tried to get into local Chevy service department for repairs. Service adviser put them off for 5 days indicating that it could not just have a cable replaced would have to be diagnosed first before replacement. Took it in on Monday 18th and supposedly tried to duplicate problem. After two days of "diagnoses" could not find anything or get it to malfunction. Son-in law called service adviser and told them to just put a new cable on it like they requested in the first place. Chevy dealer did so and then turned Cruze back to them along with a bill for $300 saying that it was not covered by Chevy TSB #14311 because it was a '16 and would have to pay for cable, plus their phony diagnosis. My opinion this dealer that between myself and son-in-law we have purchased over 25 new and used cars over the years has really gouged loyal customers. I am telling everyone about this experience. What can we do as far as contacting Chevy Customer Care or have some recourse for this terrible service experience? Read here, reimburse for overcharge. Please advise.

·
Registered
353 Posts
@auraxr

Unfortunately there's not much you can do. I tried before when I had paid almost $500 for the Side Object Sensor wiring harness issue a few years ago. I called GM directly and filed a complaint. They called me back and said there was nothing they could do about it even though it was a well known issue on these. Fast forward to 2018 and GM gets sued. GM issues a special coverage and that means I am entitled to repayment if I paid for the repair, which I did. I got my $500 back, finally. Point is, even when the customer is right you are often times going to get screwed. Thankfully someone with way more money than I have sued GM over this and forced them to do what is right for the customer.

In my case with the negative cable, the part was only like $15. I put my own on my 14 because I wasn't willing to chance it at the dealer with the BS diagnostic fee.

·
Premium Member
7,883 Posts
The special coverage doesn't cover the '16. If you look at the start of the thread, the program started around Dec 2014. Well before any 2016 was rolling off the line. I'm glad you got it fixed, and while it might be the same part, it wouldn't be covered. I don't know how a bad one got on your car. Perhaps someone changed it and got a 'new old stock' that was bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2013 Chevy Cruze on 11-30-2018. In October of 2019 my car started displaying these same DIC messages and not starting. I have to jump start my car at least once a week because when I try to start it up it won’t start and it will just display service power steering, reduced power, Service stability track, theft system, etc. I have had my battery tested and my battery was fine. I’m so happy I found this thread. I will be going to the dealership to try and get my car fixed. I just hopes I don’t get the runaround from these dealerships. Is there anyway I can check to see if my Cruze qualifies under special coverage?????
PLEASE HELP!!

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Go HERE set up an account and enter your VIN. This will provide Special Coverages specific to your vehicle.

Also be sure your battery is load tested by the dealership. Often a battery can test ok for voltage but still be bad.

The neg batt cable & bad battery symptoms are often similar.

·
Super Moderator
7,268 Posts
I defiantly have this, I wonder if my dealer will find it... Looking at you Friendly Chevrolet Dallas
Well, you are definitely allowed to be defiant if you want, but I recommend you print out the special coverage .pdf and bring it with you to ensure they definitively find it.;)

In case you missed it on the first page, here it is again:
TSB #14311

241 - 247 of 247 Posts