·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 2015:
Same problems for about a week on-and-off
Resolution: Got a jumper start for car and that lasted forone month

September 26 2015:
Used GOOGLE to find bulletin 14311 for recall on Chevy Cruze2011-2014 for electrical issues. Service Bulletin 14311. My vehicle was ofcourse approved for the free service:
Negativebattery cord replaced along w/bolt replaced
*It is necessary that you call GM customer service. They setup the appointment and sent email for approval of services.
Was told that battery was no good and $250 for a replacementthrough dealership (declined)
Went to autozone to purchase battery, employee tested thecurrent battery and test results were “THIS BATTERY DOES NOT NEED TO BEREPLACED”.
(ALSO WENT TO PEP BOYS AND RECEIVED THE SAME RESULTS)

September 27 2015
Attempted to start car, SAME ERROR MESSAGES POPPED UP“service StabiliTrak” wth!?!?!?!
Contacted GM AGAIN! They are giving another free hour ofdiagnosis and scheduling appt with dealership. This is ridiculous!
As I’m typing, I remember receiving a buyback offer from thedealership; which obvious lets me know that they know theses cars are LEMONS!
*excuse any grammar or spelling errors… I did not proof readlol

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
So (1) the dealership, the centre of excellence on servicing your car, tells you that you need a new battery. You say no thanks.

Then (2) you go to Pep Boys and Autozone (presumably to buy a cheaper battery) and the high school dropouts working there - automotive generalists at best - tell you that your battery is good.

Then (3) your car continues to exhibit an electrical error - so you go back to the dealership. They (4) offer you one hour of free diagnostic time and you (5) believe that you should seek a lemon law solution.

I agree. Totally ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I didn't see what year your car was. Three years is about when a battery might be expected to fail. And not all tests are the same. Without knowing what kind of test Autozone or Pep boys did, I'm not sure as it would have spotted the problem. Because I've seen flaky batteries, I would't be too surprised but what it could pass a test and then fail the next day.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
You have a 2011 Cruze. According to JD Powers the number one replacement item in the first three years of ownership is the battery. Replace the battery.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
$250 for a battery for the Cruze is outrageous by any standard. However, replacing a five year old battery is pretty much a no-brainer. I buy car batteries for my compact cars from the local Battery Wholesale shop with a 70 month warranty for less than $90 installed. Battery swap in my '03 P5 with a factory strut tower brace takes less than 15 minutes. Sure would help with the "horror story".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts