Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve been having problems with my dealership and providing proper and correct car of my 2014 Cruze diesel. I’ve had it in 2 different times for the check engine light with the following codes. P20E2
P20E4
P2453
When I first took it in, I was told it only needed the differential pressure sensor replaced for $620 So got it replaced elsewhere for much cheaper, and codes were cleared. Next day light comes back on with only the first 2 codes. Called the dealership they said it must not have been done properly. It was done by a certified GM diesel mechanic..that my brother in law knows that has been working on all of his GM cars for 15 years..so highly doubtful. Well now they are telling me EGT sensors one and two are bad and I need to bring it in to replace them..for way too much money. So same mechanic replaced those again for MUCH cheaper..codes cleared..CEL comes on again with a new code.
P24AE. Particulate matter sensor. Which I know is covered under Special coverage 16018. I called the dealership and was told that I can drop it off Thursday and get to it when they can since they only have one diesel mechanic. Has anyone had experience with this part and special coverage, and if so what did the dealership do for you? Did they provide a loaner, did they give you a hard time about the coverage.
My car has 96k miles and the special coverage is for 120k or 11/8/2024. I know this part is out of stock everywhere and wondering if they have to wait for it will I get a loaner or be left without a car or driving a car with problems. I don’t want to exacerbate what’s already wrong leading to more issues. Sorry it’s long, if you made it this far, thank you and I appreciate any advice you guys can give!

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel “49000 miles”
55 Posts
Jesus, Why has no one answered your question. Not even an attempt. Don’t know much of this special coverage other than my vehicle may need replacing at some point. Maybe try re asking it.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,662 Posts
Jesus, Why has no one answered your question. Not even an attempt. Don’t know much of this special coverage other than my vehicle may need replacing at some point. Maybe try re asking it.
Well, to start with, he posted in the wrong subforum. Secondly, OP has not been back since he posted, so he must have fixed or sold it.

EDIT: Look at the title - that is not a request for help at all. Do you read every single post?

·
Super Moderator
11,662 Posts
I’ve been having problems with my dealership and providing proper and correct car of my 2014 Cruze diesel. I’ve had it in 2 different times for the check engine light with the following codes. P20E2
P20E4
P2453
When I first took it in, I was told it only needed the differential pressure sensor replaced for $620 So got it replaced elsewhere for much cheaper, and codes were cleared. Next day light comes back on with only the first 2 codes. Called the dealership they said it must not have been done properly. It was done by a certified GM diesel mechanic..that my brother in law knows that has been working on all of his GM cars for 15 years..so highly doubtful. Well now they are telling me EGT sensors one and two are bad and I need to bring it in to replace them..for way too much money. So same mechanic replaced those again for MUCH cheaper..codes cleared..CEL comes on again with a new code.
P24AE. Particulate matter sensor. Which I know is covered under Special coverage 16018. I called the dealership and was told that I can drop it off Thursday and get to it when they can since they only have one diesel mechanic. Has anyone had experience with this part and special coverage, and if so what did the dealership do for you? Did they provide a loaner, did they give you a hard time about the coverage.
My car has 96k miles and the special coverage is for 120k or 11/8/2024. I know this part is out of stock everywhere and wondering if they have to wait for it will I get a loaner or be left without a car or driving a car with problems. I don’t want to exacerbate what’s already wrong leading to more issues. Sorry it’s long, if you made it this far, thank you and I appreciate any advice you guys can give!
For the others who may look:

Special coverage 16018

P20E2 Possible Causes
  • Faulty Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor
  • Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
  • Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
  • Exhaust leaks
  • Excessive particulate matter buildup on sensor
Read more: P20e2 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 1/2 Correlation Bank 1

P20E4 Possible Causes
Faulty Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor
Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Exhaust leaks Excessive particulate matter buildup on sensor

Read more: P20e4 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 2/3 Correlation Bank 1

Potential causes for this code, P2453, to set are:

Clogged DPF pressure sensor tubes/hoses
Faulty DPF pressure sensor
The diesel exhaust fluid reservoir may be empty
Improper diesel exhaust fluid
Open or shorted circuit/s in the DPF pressure sensor A circuit
Inept DPF regeneration
The active DPF regeneration system is inoperative

Read more at: P2453 Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range Performance

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel “49000 miles”
55 Posts
For the others who may look:

Special coverage 16018

P20E2 Possible Causes
  • Faulty Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor
  • Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
  • Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
  • Exhaust leaks
  • Excessive particulate matter buildup on sensor
Read more: P20e2 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 1/2 Correlation Bank 1

P20E4 Possible Causes
Faulty Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor
Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Exhaust leaks Excessive particulate matter buildup on sensor

Read more: P20e4 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 2/3 Correlation Bank 1

Potential causes for this code, P2453, to set are:

Clogged DPF pressure sensor tubes/hoses
Faulty DPF pressure sensor
The diesel exhaust fluid reservoir may be empty
Improper diesel exhaust fluid
Open or shorted circuit/s in the DPF pressure sensor A circuit
Inept DPF regeneration
The active DPF regeneration system is inoperative

Read more at: P2453 Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range Performance
I did see that and did read the post. By repost I meant for him to repost in another sub forum. I noticed his question wasn’t a question at all. However I didn’t notice he only had one post. I never met a super moderator before. What an honor it is to meet you??? Thanks for your insights

·
Super Moderator
11,662 Posts
I did see that and did read the post. By repost I meant for him to repost in another sub forum. I noticed his question wasn’t a question at all. However I didn’t notice he only had one post. I never met a super moderator before. What an honor it is to meet you??? Thanks for your insights
Thanks for the compliment, but I am no one special, just someone who volunteers a little time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts