Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neighbor lost defrost on her '13 Cruze with 89k.

The dealer is saying they would cover the repair under a service bulletin, except that the part number in the bulletin does not match the part number for her Cruze.

I'm thinking the dealer can't figure out that the part number has been updated, and they are denying her coverage because they don't know how to research the updated part number.

Does anyone have the info on this service bulletin?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
There was a post several years ago about HVAC gears sticking. I think the poster was "Blueangel" . He had problems with the defrost gear in the HVAC sticking, and I thought it could be accessed to lubricate from behind the glove box.

I think that is a HVAC control gear. The entire unit is an assembly though. When I was researching the mysterious smells of early 2011-2012's that were potentially grease in the HVAC gearbox, I read the procedure.

Is there signs that the dash has been removed? Thinking that's the only way to get at the air control box.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,408 Posts
I don't know the bulletin number which is why I made my original post as I was looking for that information for my neighbor.

I'm hoping a Chevy Tech can chime in here. I know there's a few on the Forum.
I thought the dealer would have provided it.

·
Administrator
12,408 Posts
There was a post several years ago about HVAC gears sticking. I think the poster was "Blueangel" . He had problems with the defrost gear in the HVAC sticking, and I thought it could be accessed to lubricate from behind the glove box.

I think that is a HVAC control gear. The entire unit is an assembly though. When I was researching the mysterious smells of early 2011-2012's that were potentially grease in the HVAC gearbox, I read the procedure.

Is there signs that the dash has been removed? Thinking that's the only way to get at the air control box.
[h=1]No air from vents![/h]

[h=1]FIX: Excessive Moisture/Condensation/Frost on Windows[/h]

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Administrator
12,408 Posts
Yes, I've read those, and other posts on this issue.

But there's no mention anywhere of a service bulletin or even a tsb on this issue!

Surely there must be one by now.
Here are the 2013 TSB's. When you find the needle in this haystack, let us know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts