Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw a new warranty on MyChevrolet.com and was wondering what the heck it was. I researched it and could not find any information on it. I asked the service department here and they gave me full written paperwork on it. I'll summarize it for you all.

8/12/2016

#38170: Special Coverage Adjustment - Accelerator Pedal Stalk Fracture

Vehicles Affected:
Chevrolet Cruze - 2010-2016

Buick Cascada (USA) - 2016
Buick Verano - 2012-2017
Cadillac ELR - 2014-2016
Chevrolet Volt - 2011-2015
Chevrolet Orlando (Canada) - 2011-2013

Condition: "On the vehicles listed above, the accelerator pedal can break at the stalk just below the housing due to the driver entering and exiting the vehicle with their foot resting on the accelerator pedal. If the pedal breaks, it would not be possible to operate the accelerator once the stalk has broken off. The vehicle would return to idle regardless of transmission gear position."

Special Coverage Adjustment: "This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership."

Parts Information: Accelerator Pedal Assembly #13252702

Figured I'd share the information since it was just released and no one had it on the internet yet.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it does cover the Cruze the list is the other vehicles besides the Cruze. so your thought process is right on the money.:)
Rearranged it so it's easier to read :)

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm curious abut how common this problem is. I don't remember anyone reporting it here. But then, this isn't the kind of thing that people would come to the forum to talk about. A part is broken, it's obvious that it's broken, and the fix is equally obvious. Still, if it was common, I'd think one of the forum (ir)regulars would have mentioned it.

It's not. If I remember correctly it was less than 1% of all vehicles according to my dealer printout. If I don't reply tonight with the exact percentage bump the thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.