Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Spectre 9044 CAI for my 1st gen Cruze, but my wife hates it. I had on for a lap around the block and she said she would never drive it sounding like that. So...off it came and the stock air box went back on. Happy wife...happy life huh?

So I guess I should just sell this 99.99% new piece. I left most of it together taking it out, so it would be a pretty easy install if you want such a thing. I could even clarify some of the instructions too. It has the red filter for this model.

New cost was about $170 with freight fro Oreilly's. I'd sell this for say $140 + any shipping. I'd be willing to meet anyone within a reasonable distance in the mid Michigan area also.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1st Gen 1.4 Spectre 9044 Cold Air Intake

I bought a Spectre 9044 CAI for my 1st gen Cruze, but my wife hates it. I had on for a lap around the block and she said she would never drive it sounding like that. So...off it came and the stock air box went back on. Happy wife...happy life huh?

So I guess I should just sell this 99.99% new piece. I left most of it together taking it out, so it would be a pretty easy install if you want such a thing. I could even clarify some of the instructions too. It has the red filter for this model.

New cost was about $170 with freight fro Oreilly's. I'd sell this for say $140 + any shipping. I'd be willing to meet anyone within a reasonable distance in the mid Michigan area also.

Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts

Thanks for reading.
Once its used is it really worth $140 plus shipping I ask myself?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know the numbers and really didn't drive it far...but it did seem to have more low end torque than the stock setup.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I do.
Luckily I took it off when I did, a car looped in front of me 3 times on the interstate and left me nowhere to go. Crunched up the entire right front corner trying to miss her.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah I do.
Luckily I took it off when I did, a car looped in front of me 3 times on the interstate and left me nowhere to go. Crunched up the entire right front corner trying to miss her.
Wow. That sucks man hopefully they have insurance and your cars fixable

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, good ol' Michigan insurance. Mine had to pay for it even though she admitted to me and the police it was her fault. The officer gave me the case number and said he determined I have no fault. Still had to pay my high deductible (which I had high since I've never had to make a claim in about 20 years, way before I moved to Michigan). She didn't have the insurance to reimburse me, so I'd have to take her to small claims court. Not sure the juice is worth the squeeze. $4500 damage, not sure how they didn't total it. I think the dealership did me a favor and cut some corners. They had it for a month and I've had it back for a week now. It isn't perfect if you look closely...which I do.
Still beats having a car payment I guess :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts