1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I think MY2015 sales just took a hit.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Still say the profile is just like the current generation Civic, but that won't last as the next gen. Civic (2016) gets a new body style also. Of course the front and rear fascias are different. Still looking for the hatchback and what the interior look like.

Reactions: CruzeTech

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
That sucks for Chevy to have their new design leaked. But, I kind of like it. The upper grill reminds me of the Camaro. The lower grill reminds me of an Audi. The headlights have halos.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Oh, I see the resemblance to the Civic now. That's a bad idea. I also don't like the chrome trim all the way around the side windows. That looks cheap - like something out of the '70s.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Things I like more power in the motor not bad looking either:)
Thing I HATE more than all is dual-clutch transmission is also expected to be offered. If no real transmission I couldn't even look at it. Same goes for CVT transmission too. I really not digging the halo style lights led headlights. The reason I have seen to many Cadillac's with dead led lights from the rear & that is a more upscale vehicle :(

Bottom line I wish they made a TRU 140S with the 2.0 cobalt SS/TC engine with the factory stage kit & a 6 speed auto & manual transmission option. But god forbid is they make some thing that people want :brave: I would take a white one please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAtMhpG5Nkw

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I think the "Civic like" shape is to get the car to pass the small offset crash test. Something the first gen. Cruze was not able to do, even with the extra airbags. If you look at the compacts that pass this test, they all have the "A" pillar pushed way forward to transfer energy around the passenger compartment. The short trunk lid is styling and areo inspired.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Thing I HATE more than all is dual-clutch transmission is also expected to be offered. If no real transmission I couldn't even look at it. Same goes for CVT transmission too.
GM has to offer a DCT or CVT to compete in this class car, as the competition almost all offer one or the other already and have the MPG improvements they gain. Ever wonder how the other company's are able to achieve the same MPG or better than the current cruze while using larger engines?

Seen an article about GM DCT currently being offered in China, said they have over 50 patents on the tech they use. hope this translates into a better than average transmission.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I think it loos great, and will look even better with a diesel under the hood :)

Reactions: dhpnet

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GM has to offer a DCT or CVT to compete in this class car, as the competition almost all offer one or the other already and have the MPG improvements they gain. Ever wonder how the other company's are able to achieve the same MPG or better than the current cruze while using larger engines?

Seen an article about GM DCT currently being offered in China, said they have over 50 patents on the tech they use. hope this translates into a better than average transmission.
But don't all those dual clutch transmissions always need to be changed or serviced? the clutches? Im not to fond of this if yes.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
But don't all those dual clutch transmissions always need to be changed or serviced? the clutches? Im not to fond of this if yes.
Thanks
Current automatic transaxles have clutches also. Heck, my '92 Saturn SC automatic had clutches and it's still running with way over 200K on the clock and no transmission work except ATF and filter changes. The dual clutch idea simply lets one clutch disengage while the next gear clutch is engaging for faster, more computer controlled shifts.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Not sure why that would be beyond the usual teething issues of new technology.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Current automatic transaxles have clutches also. Heck, my '92 Saturn SC automatic had clutches and it's still running with way over 200K on the clock and no transmission work except ATF and filter changes. The dual clutch idea simply lets one clutch disengage while the next gear clutch is engaging for faster, more computer controlled shifts.
I know that silly ^^^:eek:ccasion14:some automatics have bands & chains too

What I'm saying is from what I read about them there is a clutch replacement like in the new focus. I know a lot about the mechanics of cars I just rather have a transmission that is reliable. I also wish new car transmissions had a replaceable filter. My buddies new 2014 Q50S Infiniti doesn't have a replaceable transmission filter nor a fuel filter like the cruze. Everything is inside & not accessibly. :sad010:
PS I have a 1997 olds 88 w/ 205K+ mileage and the transmission is still strong with a replaceable filter

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
From what I've read, the Focus DCT issues were poor design of the clutches, not the dual clutch system per se. Also, there was some firmware problems too. Don't forget the 6T40 transmission in the Cruze had some major redesign changes in 2012 and later also. Guideline here is don't buy the first couple of years of automotive production if you don't want those sorts of issues. I agree on the replaceable filter on the transmission. Loved the spin on one on the Saturn four speed.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
From what I've read, the Focus DCT issues were poor design of the clutches, not the dual clutch system per se. Also, there was some firmware problems too. Don't forget the 6T40 transmission in the Cruze had some major redesign changes in 2012 and later also. Guideline here is don't buy the first couple of years of automotive production if you don't want those sorts of issues. I agree on the replaceable filter on the transmission. Loved the spin on one on the Saturn four speed.
I have a 2014 ltz cruze 1.4 turbo 6 speed auto should I be worried about my transmission ?

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
EW.

Once again, I'm so happy with the original body style. I think the '16 looks even worse than the '15

The molding on the front and rear make the car look super narrow, like it's been pinched in or something. Bleh. It doesn't even look like a Cruze.

Guessing it will definitely attract a whole different set of consumers.

Sent with iLove 6.0

1 - 20 of 78 Posts