Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, Ive been away for sometime now due to school and other activities. Previously before I left I posted and logged my journey of building an SPL chevy cruze. Past few weeks now Ive been wrapping up the final touches on the whole project and I must say... ****. For those of you who do not know what im talking about go here : http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-audio-electronics/98930-logans-spl-build-trillogy.html .

So here is what I have combined to create a meaaaann car.

JS High Output Alt.
1 d3400 (front) 2 XP300 (back)
60 ft of 0g wire
4 6.5 Cresendo PWX's on 800 watts
2 SSA ZCON 18" Subs
13^3' worth of airspace turned @ 32
Taramps HD800
Taramps 5000 (soon to be cresendo 5500d)
**** ton of nuts and bolts/ sound deadner/ money.

Picture of the wall:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28941892/wall1.jpg

My thoughts:

I did this project because through my research, no one has ever created a subwoofer wall yet in a chevy cruze. Although mine has been done for about 4 weeks now, im just getting around to this. It was a wonderful learning experience about building and making things fit.. I had to use hydraulic spreaders from my station twice when I was building this wall. This box had to be built inside of the car because it is so **** big. Securing it was a huge challenge but was overcome. I am very excited about how this sounds because it will twist your spleen and make you cringe. I will have to invest in more sound deadner because when I hit the low notes, the car seems to not like that.. I am currently building a false floor in the trunk to mount the batteries and such but pictures will come in the later weeks. Id love to hear your feed back and your opinions on how much money I dumped into this thing HAHA. Stay tuned because I will be posting more pictures and videos.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
Can ya hear me now ?

You did all of that work so ya don 't have to ride others in yer new and improved no back seat car ..

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Sorry but you cant say you have the loudest Cruze without documented term lab results. I would say your set up so far would have the best potential for the highest db mark that I have seen on this forum. But you got to take it down the track before you can claim worlds fastest.-analogy

Cant wait to see your results ...keep building.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can ya hear me now ?

You did all of that work so ya don 't have to ride others in yer new and improved no back seat car ..
Well the thing is, is I wouldn't let more than one person ride with me anyway. Due to my height, my seat was pushed all the way back plus my back seats had to be down. So really its not an issue what so ever!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts