Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the pleasure of speaking with a member of the General Motors team. He was a nice guy, had his car in for a flat tire. We had a fairly lengthy conversation about the lineup as a whole, but I felt like I wouldn't be doing my civic duty to the CruzeTalk family if I didn't change the subject.

He asked me the glorious question. I couldn't have been more elated to hear the words come from his mouth.

"What does the Cruze community want to see?"

I don't care what you guys want, I want a Cruze Hatch SS. I mentioned the Vauxhall Astra GTC VXR, which may have been overkill, but mentioned the 1.6T as well. I suggested a few other things, literally just things I'd noticed about my Cruzes during the first bit of ownership.

He did also ask me if we were having any problems with the 1.5T pistons. He was asking about LSPI, so I took a page out of @XtremeRevolution's book and educated him on oil quality importance. Fun fact, except for maybe a few crates that are leftover, all GM tank oil is full synthetic. Every single vehicle in the 2018 lineup uses full synthetic, says he. I'm not sure of that yet, but I'm looking into it.

I've got his number. He just made an annoying friend. :p

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty cool. What was his exact position? Is he an engineer and if so of what? Or is he in marketing?
He's a marketing manager.

Yassss. GM, there's an interest!

But we have a 1.4T :D I guess he was asking about the Malibus at your dealership?
Yes, it started with a question about the Malibu engine and then I just rolled it into "please give us a performance model/package."

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,019 Posts
Cruze + 2.0T, Do it.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
He's a marketing manager.

Yes, it started with a question about the Malibu engine and then I just rolled it into "please give us a performance model/package."
Out of curiosity, were his initials C B? I spoke to the GM Marketing director for small cars last year a few times over the phone and shared the same desires of the Cruze community.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Out of curiosity, were his initials C B? I spoke to the GM Marketing director for small cars last year a few times over the phone and shared the same desires of the Cruze community.
No sir, his initials were S D, and I've since been in touch with an S L on a potential performance package (LPO exhaust, intake, tune, good for 180 hp).

·
Super Moderator
7,812 Posts
I wonder if it's the same guy ober, sunline, patsy and I had lunch with last year?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.