Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that with 1.4 t and automatic if you go in manual mode the car goes into sport mode which actually adjust the tune and you get more boost also. Has anyone tested this or read this? I am looking at different things to do to mine depending what all I need to replace. I was thinking cams intake and exhaust if I end up replacing my head.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I’ve never heard that, but may be true. What’s your end goal? Sounds like you’re taking a big jump tearing into the engine.

·
Premium Member
4,718 Posts
I read that with 1.4 t and automatic if you go in manual mode the car goes into sport mode which actually adjust the tune and you get more boost also. Has anyone tested this or read this? I am looking at different things to do to mine depending what all I need to replace. I was thinking cams intake and exhaust if I end up replacing my head.
Oh yes that Manual mode unleashes the hidden power of the Chevy CRUZE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t really have an end goal. Right now it’s figuring out two things 1 why it overheated, 2 why it put 3 quarts of oil into my cooling system. I had enough time to do a flush today. Pushed out good heat right away, and temperature stayed normal and the oil level didn’t change. Next time it will be a run up to operating temp again then small test runs to see if anything changes.

·
Registered
337 Posts
How many miles are on your car? You should probably fix your head gasket problem before you try to make any more power.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
No. Sport mode doesn’t even work that way. You really think GM would give people a button that makes expensive engine warranty work more likely to happen?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts