Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that with 1.4 t and automatic if you go in manual mode the car goes into sport mode which actually adjust the tune and you get more boost also. Has anyone tested this or read this? I am looking at different things to do to mine depending what all I need to replace. I was thinking cams intake and exhaust if I end up replacing my head.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,486 Posts
I’ve never heard that, but may be true. What’s your end goal? Sounds like you’re taking a big jump tearing into the engine.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
I read that with 1.4 t and automatic if you go in manual mode the car goes into sport mode which actually adjust the tune and you get more boost also. Has anyone tested this or read this? I am looking at different things to do to mine depending what all I need to replace. I was thinking cams intake and exhaust if I end up replacing my head.
Oh yes that Manual mode unleashes the hidden power of the Chevy CRUZE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t really have an end goal. Right now it’s figuring out two things 1 why it overheated, 2 why it put 3 quarts of oil into my cooling system. I had enough time to do a flush today. Pushed out good heat right away, and temperature stayed normal and the oil level didn’t change. Next time it will be a run up to operating temp again then small test runs to see if anything changes.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
No. Sport mode doesn’t even work that way. You really think GM would give people a button that makes expensive engine warranty work more likely to happen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive just started tuning with a very nice HP Tuner set up... in my scanner live data i can see this perameter called "Sport Mode Inhibit", and I aim to figure out how to disable this, and enable sport mode. as of yet though no dice with putting it in manual mode, and even in manual mode with the stability and traction deactivated. If you want to disable both traction and stability though which makes it so you can power brake the vehicle in D and actually get it to build boost HOLD DOWN THE TRACTION BUTTON FOR APPROX 7 SECONDS until two orange lights illuminate in the cluster. The orange light on the tach side is the traction disabled indicator.. and the one on the speedo side is the "stability programming disabled" indicator.

hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update: Sadly still no luck on the sport mode inhibit parameter.. however I DO have a 1:1 copy of the Diablo Sport 93 octane "Diablo tune". If anyone has used the Diablo tuner in their Cruze they will testify to it's ability to waken up the Cruze.. if anyone would like a copy of this tune for the Chevy Cruze 1.4 LT.. shoot me an email: [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts