Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share another tech tid bit , On The VW TDI Diesel , there are a few Ground point that needed to be addressed ,what would happen is that corrosion would build up on these points and cause all sorts or weird electrical issues , the fix was to clean and spray with contact protector as you would put on a battery terminal, I saw in the engine bay you could see the ground point and I treated them so no corrosion will occur , I wanted to share this tech point as its very easy to do and really can save you head aches down the road ,treat your battery terminals as well .
This will not void any warranty , its one of those preventative things , Look at any boat, all the electrical is treated not to corrode. If any one has questions please chime in .

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Thanks for the info. Any pics of these?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Even better than a spray would be to use dielectric grease because it would protect better and for way longer and you would know the entire ground is covered.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I thought weird electrical issues with VW's was standard equipment...:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I thought weird electrical issues with VW's was standard equipment...:)
I thought only the British had the corner on weird electrical issues:tututtongue4:

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
So basically you guys have never been in a Porsche or even an MG . so sad life begins when you experience the thrill of an ordinary joy ride ..

And here I thought this thread was about PM 's

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
No matter what, check all the grounds you find and make sure they are tight. When replacing my Battery I found the ground wire from the battery to next to the headlight loose(both ends). Checked the rest I could see and all were tight.

·
Registered
163 Posts
So basically you guys have never been in a Porsche or even an MG . so sad life begins when you experience the thrill of an ordinary joy ride ..

And here I thought this thread was about PM 's
Ahh as a matter of fact I owned or I should say it owned me a MG and it was a money pit even with me doing all the work on it. It was a thrill when it ran but that was rare. I was left to walking to work more often then not when I owned it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts