Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have found a previous thread on Sprint Boosters that was quite limited in responses so I thought I would create a more recent one. On Thursday, I purchased a Sprint Booster and installed it myself. It was my first mod other than my tinted windows. I have been very happy with my Cruze other that the throttle response time. This really affects passing on the highway, acceleration off the line, and having an overall fun daily drive. The Sprint Booster cost me 290 dollars. I got it on sail from 350 dollars. It took my 20 minutes to install (would of been faster but it was my very first install and I took my sweet time). The booster has 3 settings: stock, sport, and aggressive. I have yet to test it on the highway but just around town it is a night and day difference. I love it. I am a fairly aggressive driver and this mod suits me perfectly.

Has any one else tried the Sprint Booster? I am also wonder if I were to get the Trifecta tune would that make the Sprint Booster useless or would it still be beneficial with the tune? Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I just did a little research. It appears the Sprint Booster makes the throttle hyper-sensitive to foot pressure changes, theoretically making the car more responsive to throttle pressure. The idea is that if you can send the new throttle pressure information to the car faster it will respond quicker. Looks like it's mainly used in Europe. I'm not sure it will make a real difference or just an apparent difference. It probably won't make any difference in an MT but it might with the automatics by reducing engine response time. I suspect regapping the spark plugs to 0.028" and installing a Trifecta tune will give more bang for the buck.

That said, I would love to see a report back from OP on if there really is a driver noticeable difference.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It won't give you more HP or power for that matter. It simple makes the throttle more responsive. You definitely notice a difference from stock when accelerating and passing. Here are a few photos of the 3 settings of the sprint booster that I installed. I am so happy I purchased this.

Stock

Sport

Aggressive

The fact that the settings allow you to compare modes with stock is what makes it great. I noticed a huge difference but my girlfriend being a passenger did not but then again she has never driven my car. So I let her drive both settings stock and aggressive. She noticed it big time. I am not a car expert by any means but it did improve drivablity and they offer a 30 day money back guarantee so you can try it for 30 days and if you don't like it, don't notice a difference, or don't think it is worth the cost than you can return it.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I have my tune setup for increased throttle sensitivity. It DOES help out the drivability. Our cars (at least the Eco) don't like when you mash the throttle. It seems to ignore you if you do that. It's almost as if there is a purposeful delay between your foot and the throttle blade. Not so sure I would want to install a device to override this thought. But I do like the thought of different modes you can easily switch back and forth.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I consider getting my tune do you think it would be wise to get rid of the sprint booster as it won't be necessary? How happy are you with the tune? Is it truly worth it in your opinion? For some reason I am still on the fence - money doesn't come that easy!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the trifecta tune and throttle response is still lackluster so I'm getting the sprint booster myself.the trifecta tune does help and gives more horsepower but it does nothing for throttle response so with both of these installed the car will be much more aggressive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts