Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon guys, couple days ago I started the 2014 cruze 1.4 l Turbo, and it started squealing once it warmed up so first indicator was the belt, so I changed it but the sqeeling did not go away. This afternoon go to the store come back and looked at it some more and pulled the dipstick and sqeeling stopped put it back and it came back, all of a sudden tons of smoke was coming out of the tailpipe and shut the car off as I filled the house up with smoke. Earliest I can get an appointment at the dealer is the 6th so the smoke really set me off and am worried now. Any ideas on what this could be ? any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated. Fred.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually I was wrong, first available appointment here in Fremont California is now the 20th of September, how can a dealer be that short staffed or busy with chevy's vehicle issues that you can't get an appointment less that 21 days out, terrible service and I haven't even got there yet. I would like to take it a garage around the corner but if this would be covered by warranty I'd be out of luck I think !

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had this same issue on my 2013 1.4 Lt, my thoughts was a PCV Valve cover and as confirmed by the dealer... PCV Valve cover it was!

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,400 Posts
Afternoon guys, couple days ago I started the 2014 cruze 1.4 l Turbo, and it started squealing once it warmed up so first indicator was the belt, so I changed it but the sqeeling did not go away. This afternoon go to the store come back and looked at it some more and pulled the dipstick and sqeeling stopped put it back and it came back, all of a sudden tons of smoke was coming out of the tailpipe and shut the car off as I filled the house up with smoke. Earliest I can get an appointment at the dealer is the 6th so the smoke really set me off and am worried now. Any ideas on what this could be ? any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated. Fred.
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Blasirl
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing