Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody experienced this? While pressing down or releasing the clutch petal, you hear the squeak of your shoe on the petal?

I have a size 12 shoe and it seems that my shoe reaches over the rubber part of the clutch petal and rubs on the metal shaft that connects the petal to the rest of the transmission. If I consciously place the heel of my foot further back and pay attention I can make sure the tip of my shoe only touches the petal and then there is no problem, but that isn't easy to do consistently.

Any thoughts? Can I wrap the shaft with something to get rid of the squeak?

thanks,
Joe

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Sit a little further back from the pedals. I have size 12 feet but I learned to toe and heel my clutch. I actually use my ankle to control the clutch.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Take your shoe off. LOL, no problem with my patent leather shoes, sure is with so-called walking shoes.

Also wear a size 12 shoe, major problem is finding socks, what idiot says size 6-12 fits all. Have to use my fence stretcher to put my socks on.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Mine's doing that, but it's not my shoe. There's something in the clutch pedal assembly itself that squeaks. It comes and goes. The lubricant I sprayed onto it must not have been thin enough to penetrate. Time to try a thinner lube.

·
Super Moderator
5,135 Posts
Take your shoe off. LOL, no problem with my patent leather shoes, sure is with so-called walking shoes.

Also wear a size 12 shoe, major problem is finding socks, what idiot says size 6-12 fits all. Have to use my fence stretcher to put my socks on.
No kidding on that one. My right foot is about 12.001 so a 12 in a running shoe has to be roomy bc my left foot is smaller @11.75. I find myself buying a 12.5 in running shoes. Somehow regular shoes don't seem to be much problem. After 11.5 it goes 12 then 13(kill my left foot) etc. Half sizes are hard to find. I find socks that are 6 - 12.5 and even some of them are tight. I think they use a different measuring unit in china where most of them are made or don't convert cm to inches well. kinda like 9/16 bolt to a 15mm. they are the same over there

Back to OPs original problem move your seat as Obermd said. I had same problem.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Has anybody experienced this? While pressing down or releasing the clutch petal, you hear the squeak of your shoe on the petal?

I have a size 12 shoe and it seems that my shoe reaches over the rubber part of the clutch petal and rubs on the metal shaft that connects the petal to the rest of the transmission. If I consciously place the heel of my foot further back and pay attention I can make sure the tip of my shoe only touches the petal and then there is no problem, but that isn't easy to do consistently.

Any thoughts? Can I wrap the shaft with something to get rid of the squeak?

thanks,
Joe
Has nothing to do with shoe size lol. I have a 9.5 shoe and had the same problem, squeaky clutch pedal. Took it to the dealer and they lubed it. Our whole assembly is plastic with 6 different pivot points I was told.

Service manager told me that if it comes up again then it will get replaced as it's a known issue but nothing major since it still works correctly. I had my lubed around 1300 miles and now have 3800 and no squeaks since. Just take it to your dealer, good luck!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi Joe,

I’m sorry to hear of the squeaky noise that you experience while driving your Cruze. I understand that you are looking for methods to get rid of the squeak yourself. I am unable to offer technical advice, but I will be happy to contact your dealership and discuss this further with them. If the extra help is needed, feel free to send us a private message in reference to this thread. We will be happy to help!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Haxlitt777, try operating your clutch barefoot (sitting in your driveway) to see if the squeak goes away. If it doesn't it's time for a trip to the dealership to get the clutch lubricated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought a 2014 five months ago and my clutch pedal squeaked during wet weather for the first few months. However, it hasn't squeaked all summer despite all of the wet weather we've had in my neck of the woods.

I owned a Saab ten years ago, and more recently, a Cobalt that both suffered from this problem during wet weather. I could never figure out if it was a return spring squeaking, or a rubber boot/bushing, or what-ever that caused it.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Suppose after some thought on this subject, if removing your shoe doesn't work, time for a little grease. Not a problem with my Cruze.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My new cruze does squeak once in awhile just when I'm letting up on the clutch. It makes the sound in the first few inches off the floor and I'm pushing slightly sideways with my leg. Bit annoying when it happens but it's not often. If it gets worse/more common over time then it will get the grease

1 - 13 of 13 Posts