Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the V2 kit figuring my 2014 Cruze (1.4L Turbo) needed it anyway.

What I want to discuss is this belt squeal which is what I'm trying to fix. I replaced the valve cover and it fixed the rough running and eliminated the 6 or so codes. I replaced the water pump to no avail. Then I saw a video on the internet that when you pull the dip stick, the squeal goes away, which it did but the air getting sucked into the engine whistled through the dip stick hole. Bottom line, according the video, the squeal is because the crank shaft seal (front or accessory belt pulley side) is shot. Will the V2 eliminate that squeal or is that my next project?

· Premium Member
7,542 Posts
I suggest you check the PCV valve in the intake manifold. If it's bad, you can have excessive vacuum in the engine that causes the seals to squeak (as well as the disk in the valve cover to go bad).

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding so quickly. I wondered if the intake manifold PCV valve could cause excessive vacuum but couldn't wrap my brain around it. I haven't checked it but since the Cruze is at 80,000, I figured it could be the problem so I order the V2 fix kit.. On the bright side, I have a new water pump I'm calling preventative maintenance. After the fix kit, I'm hoping I don't have to pull the timing chain cover to get at the crank seal. I hope, I hope, I hope.

· Registered
12 Posts
Just finished the v2 fix kit install. I also hear the squeak which sounds like the belt or water pump. Just replaced water pump like 2 wells ago. Let me first mention the fix kit. It's awesome! Much much thanks. No more white smoke. Relief is an understatement. Crank seal is what I'm hearing from what i understand? Also have oil leak from what appears to be turbo inlet. Also new.could this be from crank seal or could it be from oil pan gasket failure?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts