Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
News Corp Australia has been told that HSV was forced to introduce its “big banger” supercharged V8 engine to the more affordable models in its range because, later this year, Holden will fit to Commodore SS models the Corvette V8 that was previously exclusive to HSV.

Here is the full article.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/hsv-to-go-supercharged-for-most-models-33427#.VZiChIu6gvo

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the tease, but I misread the SS part forgetting that there is also a Holden SS. HSV only has the GTS, SS is Holden's own car. GM is throwing the baby out with the bath water closing Holden production down.

·
Registered
91 Posts
considering the amount of "holden bashers" out there I am surprised it didn't happen sooner,RIP the only locally produced cars in Australia,sadly missed:sad010:

·
Registered
145 Posts
If I could afford to buy it, put gas in it, service it, and not freak out over the depreciation...the SS is probably my favorite niche car. I have always thought the Holden connection to the GTO, G8, and now SS is interesting. It might actually do quite well on depreciation since it's likely the last car that will be exported from Australia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts