Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car used and it was at night time and didnt see it when i test drove it (it was in the winter when I bought it). When I looked at the back seat a few days later I found this stain right in the middle. Im tired of looking at it, even though no one sits in the back. So my question is, does anyone have any ideas how to get it out? Is there anything on the market that you would recommend?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Water stains are very hard to get out.

You could make it a lot worse. Especially on that light colour. I'd recommend that you go around to a few pros for help. Expect to pay $50-60 to have it dealt with correctly. But get at least two opinions if not three.

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
543 Posts
I use non-amonia aeresol glass cleaner. I scrub it with a soft brush after spraying a wet coat, wipe the excess off with a clean microfiber, and then blow the wetness/dirt out with compressed air and a blowgun. I hold a rag in front of the blowgun to catch the mist blown out of the cover. Works great and dries quickly.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Eddy beat me to it - you need to steam clean it. Either a professional cleaner or someone who really knows what they're doing.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I third steam/professionals cleaning it...I had water stains on the light grey interior of my old car....tried cleaning it (with SEVERAL cleaners following instructions) scotch guard, spot shot, home remedies.....all I got was a bigger stain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used to clean interiors at a large used car chain, the steam cleaning is the best way. Its quick and easy and the only sure way to get a stain of that appearance out of your interior.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.