Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
After browsing through this forum, I am seeing lots of the same issues that I have been having since I purchased my car back in June of 2011 (brand spankin' new). Within 2 months, I started noticing hesitation when I would accelerate. Sometimes the engine will rev up to 3000-5000 rpms even after I have taken my foot off the pedal. It feels like its going to stall multiple times each week (sometimes while blowing hot air from the AC) and has completely stalled out on me several times. It will also fail to accelerate when backing up and then lurch forward suddenly. I have had it back to the dealership countless times and had lots of repairs made (HVAC reprogram, water pump replaced, turboboost solenoid replaced, the same axle seal replaced twice, MAP sensor etc etc). None of it ever does the trick. Anyone with the same issues had luck finding the issue? The dealership has been great to deal with..but they are at a loss since there is usually no SES light and thus no codes and they have been "unable to duplicate" the issues. I contacted GM Customer Service and they were no help. Nobody ever called me back and they could never get through to who they were trying to call. I filed a complaint with the NHTSA and then finally filed a complaint with BBB Auto Line. The next day I received a call back from someone in the Business Center at GM. The only thing I have gotten from them so far was to bring it back to the dealership for one last attempt. I did that last week, they made a repair (the MAP sensor), but it is still doing it. So, they say it's "back to the drawing board". *Sigh* Anyone had luck getting theirs 2011 Cruze fixed? Anyone had luck with GM? The only thing I have left to do is contact the NHTSA to petition that a complaint be investigated...that might spur a recall/ bulletin. Thanks everyone!

·
Administrator
15,742 Posts
Check the spark plug gaps and gap them back up to 0.035". Drive around and see how you like it.

If that doesn't work, run the tank down and re-fill with 93 octane. Report back and let us know what you were able to do.

We have a how-to article on checking and adjusting your spark plug gaps in the how-to library section of the forum. Let me know if you need help finding it.

Welcome to CruzeTalk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts