Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
An automatic should never stall just because there's a hill. The car should know how to deal with it.

I would try to rule out a metered air leak or purge valve leak.

You can find the purge valve on top of the intake manifold with a vacuum hose that runs into the intake. Block off the lines/ports with a piece of plastic wrap and a rubber band and see how it runs.
I will try your idea and let you know how it behaves

·
Registered
6 Posts
An automatic should never stall just because there's a hill. The car should know how to deal with it.

I would try to rule out a metered air leak or purge valve leak.

You can find the purge valve on top of the intake manifold with a vacuum hose that runs into the intake. Block off the lines/ports with a piece of plastic wrap and a rubber band and see how it runs.
The other thing is that it doesn't display anything on cluster except the code 91and code 67

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ. My car would choke when pressing the accelerator I also had a little smoke from oil leaking. I replaced the purge valve and the manifold which was cracked. This completely solved my issue. The manifold part alone from the dealer was $742. Thanks to Walker Chevrolet in Franklin, TN for quick diagnosis and resolving issue.
The purge valve was a much cheaper part and may have been the primary “choke” behavior.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts