Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know I now have a 2013LT RS and this is after having an Eco and a LS and even standard LT Automatic. I am trying to adjust to the "nuances" of the LT RS and wondering if anyone else has experienced the differences in the trim levels or is something wrong.
1 The gearing is much lower I like that for the hilly area I live in.
2 My car seems to make a humming only at 40 MPH not higher or lower speeds
3 Seeming engine braking when on the hwy and going downhill on cruise control

Any ideas

·
10,712 Posts
We talking 1LT and 2LT and prior owner hasn't deleted the intake resonator? Eco wise we also lost the sound deadening in places like the fenders.

If we talking trans may need to swap fluid and pray it's not the trans underfilled.

·
Super Moderator
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I took it to the local Goodyear shop and they replaced the tranny fluid. They said it was dirty but there was plenty there so that is not the prob. They drove it and heard the noise that only happens at 40 MPH and after looking the car over said it is most likely a rear wheel bearing going bad. Honestly is is nothing more than a nuisance as it does not interfere with performance. Until and or if it does create a problem then I will address otherwise????? I will drive as I spend little time between 38 + 42 MPH anyway......

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was under the impression the only mechanical difference in the RS package on Gen 1's is the rear Watt's link. And that manual trans. gear ratios only differed between LS, LT/2LT/LTZ, and Eco trims.

·
Super Moderator
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was under the impression the only mechanical difference in the RS package on Gen 1's is the rear Watt's link. And that manual trans. gear ratios only differed between LS, LT/2LT/LTZ, and Eco trims.

Probably so.... I know it definitely handles better and the gearing is different from the Eco it was more the humming at 40 MPH that caught my attention. All is well esp since I had the tranny fluid changed the car runs very well. I typically don't buy "used cars and did not know if there was something to look out for. All is well Closing this thread.

thanks all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.