Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I put on a custom flowmaster muffler I get a loud backfire type bang out of the exhaust when my 2017 Cruze "L" auto starts (for example when light turns red to green adn engine auto starts). I have learned how to bypass the system by putting shifter into "L" then plus button (+) up to 6 which is highest gear on my model. But am looking into purchasing an electronic start/stop Eliminator. Anyone out there ever find one, purchase and use it? Thanks.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
A few of us have it.
A couple have tried to make their own. Don't know if they succeeded.

They cost $140 5 years ago. So don't ask me what they cost now or who makes them. I forget that too.

The cruze isn't the only make with AS/S. There are companies out their making defeat modules.

Search on this forum and you'll find threads. Google is also your friend.

· Registered
81 Posts
Wouldn't that just always display 'hood open' on the DIC?
It might do that too, yes, but it should certainly prevent autostops. It might set a MIL if you actually unplug it from the harness, but if the switch could be separated from the latch you could leave it plugged in and fix it in the open position.

My suggestion to pop the connector was intended to be somewhat tongue in cheek. As for buying a harness adapter, I can think of a lot better things to do with a hundred bucks than spend it on something I can do for free by feathering the brake going into the stop, which is something I do anyway. And to tell the truth, I don't understand why people hate the feature so much, it's not like you have to do anything different because it's there and it doesn't slow you down coming off the light. Just ignore it.

· Registered
29 Posts
Ever since I put on a custom flowmaster muffler I get a loud backfire type bang out of the exhaust when my 2017 Cruze "L" auto starts (for example when light turns red to green adn engine auto starts). I have learned how to bypass the system by putting shifter into "L" then plus button (+) up to 6 which is highest gear on my model. But am looking into purchasing an electronic start/stop Eliminator. Anyone out there ever find one, purchase and use it? Thanks.

Did you find what you were looking for?
Another option that you have that doesn't cost a penny is to select L on the gear shifter and push the + until 6 is displayed in the gear indicator position on the gauge cluster. It will drive like a normal automatic.
I have driven mine like this for nearly 4 years without a single problem AND I still get 40+ mpg.

· Registered
2018 Cruze ls, 1.4L turbo 6 speed auto.
3 Posts
Guitar accessory Gadget Gesture String instrument accessory Musical instrument

I bought mine for 2018 Cruze off of Ama zon for $30. In Canada. Works great, using it for a year now no issues. I think there is 2 different plug sizes for the Cruze depending on year. So make sure you get the right size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts