Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start with saying, I bought the Scosche GM5202AB to install my Kenwood DDX8901HD. This ended up a big fail because the stock screen with temperature/time wouldn't turn on. I found out the hard way Scosche is not the way to go for a Cruze stereo wiring harness, not for me anyways. I ended up ordering an Axxess GMOS-044 stereo harness and the Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel control/interface. I realized I had all my speaker/power/ground/rca/remote wires run wrong, so I am in the process of rerunning wires. Also in the works is soldering the GMOS-044/ASWC-1 harness together with the Kenwood harness. I bought new speaker wire and new rca cables, plus I installed the big three kit. I have an infinity kappa four amp along with four 6 1/2" Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1s and a pair of Infinity Kappa 6x9 loud speakers. I plan on using the amp to run all four 6 1/2s in my doors and save the 6x9s for later not sure how I will power those. I will update with pictures later tonight when I get down to business. So far I took out the middle console, back seat, all kick panels, the whole trunk, b pillar panels, rear quarter panels under windshield and might take out rear deck for wiring. Everything is torn down or out. I'm running the remote and rca cables down the middle under the carpet where the emergency brake is then under the rear bench seat into the trunk. I ran the power wire through the normal spot (pictures later) on the drivers side tucking it under the carpet and closer to the driver's seat away from all wiring harnesses back to the rear bench seat going into trunk. I'm also running the left side speaker wires on drivers side away from power just because I can I guess.., going along the kick panels behind the rear airbag into the trunk I'll run them in the rear deck structure to drop down to my amp keeping them away from the rca cables. Then my right side speaker wires will be alone on the right side again away from all the main wiring harnesses going into the trunk the same way as left side. My amp is going to be grounded to the bolt on the left side of the trunk. I hope this will help eliminate any kind of ground loop noise. As for the ASWC-1 I want to ground that right under the shifter where I found a ground bolt or I might sand down the closest place on the chassis and ground it by itself. I started out with a PAC AA-GM44 line out converter/harness which was fine with my stock stereo, I never noticed the ground loop or alternator whine, whatever it was until I got the Scosche GM5202AB then I ran into the problem of the integrated center stack not turning on which led me to getting the GMOS-044 and ASWC-1 and rewiring my whole system. I also installed the big three kit and a new 850cca battery. Wish me luck!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
I am happy that you took our àdvice and aquired the proper wiring harness and interfaces for your 2 Din H U install .. Good Luck .

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Im a pac guy myself. The way I avoid ground issues is by grounding straight the battery ... a pia but well worth tracing noise gremlins. I would suggest forgoing the 6x9s in the rear unless you're more geared toward spl vs sq.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have everything hooked up, except my 6 1/2s for the rear doors. No buzzing or interference at all so far so good. One problem I ran into when rerunning my speaker wires was my front door speaker terminals were rusted out. I had to use pliers to take the screws out in order to take the old wires off.. I sanded down the terminals and soldered the new wire in. Does this happen often with the Cruze? Still working on all the pictures.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im a pac guy myself. The way I avoid ground issues is by grounding straight the battery ... a pia but well worth tracing noise gremlins. I would suggest forgoing the 6x9s in the rear unless you're more geared toward spl vs sq.
I grounded my Amp straight to the battery, still have some white noise at no volume but that goes away with adjusting my gains to almost Minimum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts