Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning fellow Cruzers,
I have a 2018 Cruze 1.4 Turbo, only 4k miles. I was coming home from work on a transition from one Freeway to another on a long curve. lights and alarms went off on the dash, I look down and it said "steering assist limited drive with care" . The steering wheel was then super hard to turn, could not control the car at 70 miles an hour on this curve and went off the freeway and slid to a stop in the dirt. Luckily I didn't hit anybody or anything. I contacted Chevrolet, told them the issue and that it caused me to lose control, they had no idea what I was talking about and would not tell me anything they just told me to bring the car in immediately! Awaiting info from them. Anybody else have or had this problem with theirs yet? And know what it could be?
Thanks,
Bri

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a brand new 2018 LS Cruze, and on the 2nd day (it was raining) this issue happened to me. The traction control and stabilitrak warning light also came on. Service ended up determining moisture got in the sensor, so they dried it out and send me on my way. Next time it rained, same issue. This time they decided to replace the sensor. It has yet to rain again, so no clue if this will be an ongoing issue. But take it to your dealer and see if it is a sensor issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a brand new 2018 LS Cruze, and on the 2nd day (it was raining) this issue happened to me. The traction control and stabilitrak warning light also came on. Service ended up determining moisture got in the sensor, so they dried it out and send me on my way. Next time it rained, same issue. This time they decided to replace the sensor. It has yet to rain again, so no clue if this will be an ongoing issue. But take it to your dealer and see if it is a sensor issue.
Interesting. It wasn't raining for me, just normal 70 degree evening. I did take it back to dealer. Its there right now. Waiting to hear back from them.

·
Registered
644 Posts
why wait for rain? grab a hose

·
Registered
3 Posts
When the dealer refused to fix it because it wasn't raining and the light was cleared by another dealership, I suggested this as well. they claimed it didn't set it off but I doubt they even attempted. Either way, they ended up replacing the part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts