Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to this site and I guess I would start with a simple "Thank you". I have a 2014 Cruze LT with the 1.4L Turbo at 22K miles. Recently started to notice the dead spot in the steering at highway speeds and this last weekend the car developed an engine miss during acceleration and at idle. It didn't take me long to realize how common these problems were with the Cruze models. The good news is the car goes into the dealership tomorrow to have the issues reviewed and hopefully quickly resolved. I've taken some good notes to pass along to my service adviser to help ensure the issues are dealt with efficiently. I hope to not report one of the many horror stories others have had when dealing with these issues.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. Please let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: The dealership just called to give an overview of the visit. For the engine miss they replace one spark plug and the coil pack. I specifically asked if the PCV value was operational and was told that was not the issue. I will monitor going forward to see if the problem is indeed resolved. Sticky steering issue was addressed with the reprogramming as anticipated. Again will monitor results going forward. Also had the recall for the coolant leak and front drive shaft addressed with the feedback both discovered no issues. If everything checks out I will be a satisfied customer. Dealership was very good and I hope to have a good running Cruze later today.

Thanks again to this site for all the detailed info.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Update: The dealership just called to give an overview of the visit. For the engine miss they replace one spark plug and the coil pack. I specifically asked if the PCV value was operational and was told that was not the issue. I will monitor going forward to see if the problem is indeed resolved. Sticky steering issue was addressed with the reprogramming as anticipated. Again will monitor results going forward. Also had the recall for the coolant leak and front drive shaft addressed with the feedback both discovered no issues. If everything checks out I will be a satisfied customer. Dealership was very good and I hope to have a good running Cruze later today.

Thanks again to this site for all the detailed info.
Hi Cruze4ISU,

Glad to hear that everything seemed to have gone smoothly at the dealership. We do look forward to your updates when you have your vehicle back. Feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance with anything further!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Patsy G,

So far I'm happy to report the car is running well and all that was fixed seems to be in line with my expectations. Appreciate the follow-up and will keep the group posted if anything further develops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.