Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd share my little "mod" I did. I wanted to blackout my steering wheel bowtie cause why not my outside is done. Originally I wanted to wrap it but it is not smooth like the outside so I figured I'd do it a different way. I taped the chrome off and used a Black Paint Pen and just colored it. I figured if it looked like crap then I would just remove it and do it differently. I did have to shave the pen tip so it would fit in the small crack but all in all I think it turned out sweet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used this one. They have a lot of colors like Blue, Red, Yellow, Silver Orange and more. The picture is only with 1 coat, I'm going to do another tomorrow.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I was going to do originally but I didnt want to spray inside my car. Im sure the emblem will pop off but I figured if this didnt work then ill do that.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it simple to remove it? Pry it off then re-glue it back on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks good. Ive been thinking of doing the same since i carbon wrapped by bow ties on the exterior, only one left is the interior on the wheel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This looks good, but I'd actually like to remove the emblem completely. The chrome trim reflects sun right into my eye on the commute home. Which also got me thinking: why did they put a Chevy logo throwing star right in the middle of the airbag that's pointed at my head? I'm sure it will just flip up out of the way in an accident, but I'd kind of like to just get rid of it. Is it staked through the cover? Or just glued on? Seems to be held tighter than the yellow lens on my front logo that fell off my 3-4 yr old car....

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,898 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good thing it splits in half when the airbag deploys.

https://youtu.be/tv2CX91Ai4M?t=28s
Man, do you have good eyes, I can't see it happening, it's so fast even in slow-mo, lol. One second it's there, the next second it disappears. I really have no idea how it's attached, or how the airbag is "supposed" to move the cover, and thus logo, when it blows. Either way, I would rather just have the impression in the rubber cover of a logo, than the hard, shiny logo.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Yeah, it splits the cover in half (it's tough to see, but 0.25 speed does help ever so slightly) and the blows out and then inflates in front of it, so it is out of the way. Nothing to worry about - if it was dangerous, every manufacturer wouldn't do it.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Takata isn't an automobile manufacturer.

Honda did know about that one for about a decade, but I digress...

·
Registered
29 Posts
You mean like using Takata airbags?!?
:xxrotflmao:
I wasn't gonna bring them up, but I did think about it, lol.
I still don't want the logo there, even if it isn't really dangerous. I don't like any chrome on any surface inside my car that can reflect light into my eyes. I could black it out, but the throwing star thing is stuck in my head now, lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not bad, I might try plastidip this weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts