Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Story goes i have installed an aftermarket head unit in my cruze with Bluetooth but my steering wheel controls doesn't have the buttons to answer calls as seen in the first photo is possible to replace it with one that has the buttons to answer call as seen in the second photo
Office equipment Office supplies Laptop accessory Input device Font
Peripheral Input device Office equipment Gadget Laptop accessory

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,936 Posts
Story goes i have installed an aftermarket head unit in my cruze with Bluetooth but my steering wheel controls doesn't have the buttons to answer calls as seen in the first photo is possible to replace it with one that has the buttons to answer call as seen in the second photo View attachment 294240 View attachment 294239
Welcome Aboard!(y)

It is fairly easy to add the buttons, but then you need to update the wiring to go with it. And then you need to interface to your new head unit.

From Alldata:
The steering wheel control switches duplicate the function of the primary controls of the associated component, through a network of momentary contact switches and a series of resistors. The body control module (BCM) supplies voltage to the switches and monitors the return signal. When a switch is pressed, a specific voltage drops across the resistor unique to that switch. The BCM identifies the switch selected and sends a serial data message to the component controlled by the switch, activating the feature.

The SQ Car Audio Thread V2
Mylink 2.0 Alternative and aftermarket hands free microphone adapter
How-To: Disassemble Radio To Program VIN
How I did the MyLink Wire Harness
Updated Quick and Dirty Mylink Upgrade DIY for Gen 1 Cruzes

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts