Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,470 Posts
Resurrecting the dead here,

Up until 11/7/14 there was a PI calling for a 'Reflash' for this concern.
It was updated 11/10/14.

Power rack replacement is the called for repair.

Do not confuse this with a recall since a recall would create a situation where racks with no problem would get replaced.
Some, myself included, have had this happen and for no reason at all, dissappear......mine did it several times winter before last but as quick as it came, and only did it on occasion for a month or two, it went back to normal operation.

This pleased me because I really don't like disassembling major assemblys and finding the various things overlooked during the re-assembly process.......it happens, because we are all human.

Anyways, if you have the experience of 'stick/release' usually while making a lane correction, not a lane change, have your dealer look at the newest PI.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,470 Posts
My notchy steering is back, so I'm back into doing research on this. Is there a new PI number or has PI1239 just been updated with new information? When I go in for my heater cord, I'm going to bring this up and want to have the right references so they can look it up and get it taken care of.
They will have to look up the new PI....Steering bind/sticks.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,470 Posts
If you lose control your arms are wet noodles....it just drops the assist off, the steering becomes non-powered for a moment....works like a non assist car.

Regardless, the newest fix for 2011 and 2012 is rack replacement and I learned a reflash as well.
As an aside.....rumor at this moment bacause I haven't read the bulletin, the warranty on the 2011/2012 rack has been extended....a lot....like ten years, 150k miles alot.
I'll dig deeper over the next few days unless someone beats me to it.

Currently it appears the 2013/2014 units are reflash only.....again, my info source is good but, I prefer to read it before I report it.....the above post motivated me to say something.

With that in mind, think of the info provided as a very strong rumor.....it appears this is something that just popped up today.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.