Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 LS Cruze with a 1.8L and 6 speed manual transmission. My car does not have cruise control or radio controls in the steering wheel. I want to upgrade my steering wheel with a steering wheel with one that has cruise control and radio controls.

I plan on popping off the airbag and horn to check if the wiring harnesses are present in the wheel for those controls. If they are present will a new wheel be plug and play. I have read the steering wheel replacement write up, but it did leave me with some questions, mostly will it work?

Any feed back would be great.

Thanks

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
The harness is all there, all you need to do is purchase a factory wheel with cruise control. The biggest issue you have the possibility of running into is that certain cars need to be re-programmed by your dealership in order for the car's computer to recognize the controls.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The harness is all there, all you need to do is purchase a factory wheel with cruise control. The biggest issue you have the possibility of running into is that certain cars need to be re-programmed by your dealership in order for the car's computer to recognize the controls.
Awesome! Thanks for the info. Just 2 other questions.
1- If the car needs to be reprogrammed, will that effect the engine tune?
2- Will any factory Cruze wheel fit? I am a fan of the all black steering wheel, but all I could find for the 2011 was the steering wheel with the silver bottom plate.

Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well it looks like I'm one of those certain cars at least when it comes to the radio controls. Cruise control works great, but no radio controls....

·
Registered
355 Posts
Rockhead, your issue is that your car did not come with factory audio controls or cruse control. On these vehicles, you need to replace the air bag clock spring (SIR coil). If your cruse is working, I do not think you will need a reprogram, but I am not sure. My buddy bought a 16 LS, we added the cruse. It comes from GM as an accessory package. His car needs a reprogram.

·
Registered
355 Posts
All I coud find was info for 2012s and up, it says that: Note: If vehicle is equipped without Steering Wheel Radio Controls, it may be necessary to order and install the Steering Wheel Air Bag Coil. Please refer to the following part numbers for steering wheel air bag coil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.