Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone swap out the cheap plastic one for the leather trimmed one? Just bough a LT RS 2018 Hatch. I can’t believe at that price point they put that cheap ass wheel in it.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Anyone swap out the cheap plastic one for the leather trimmed one? Just bough a LT RS 2018 Hatch. I can’t believe at that price point they put that cheap ass wheel in it.
I don't have much info on replacing, but I would also like to express my dissatisfaction for them doing that. I saw a super nice hatch at the dealer. Loaded with everything, RS package, and I take a peek inside and "Oh lord, what is that...? A basic spongy steering wheel? Why...?"

I think as long as it has the controls on the steering wheel you have, it should be a direct plug and play swap. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
It's a straight swap for your car.
Airbag comes off like in that video(he thinks he couldn't get top two springs and resorted to sliding airbag out...That's a the actual way to do it.) Once that's off you can pry off the trim panel, switches and wiring harness from front. Be careful and be sure note the routing of the harnesses. It's very tedious to get back together if misalign the harnesses. Once the front trim and switches are off you can access and remove the rear switches by removing the screw that holds them in.
The steering wheel retaining bolt is a one time use bolt. Get a new one when you do the swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts