Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes it fits exactly. Your existing airbag matches precisely, everything plugs in the same way, and the steering wheel buttons function the same way.

Reactions: BlueCruzeDude

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,728 Posts
I just wish it was as plug-and-play to install a heated wheel...

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Registered
324 Posts
Car Vehicle Steering part Steering wheel Motor vehicle

Here's a Z-28 steering wheel (just custom painted) I currently have on my Eco, same as the SS wheel just with different stitching and the logo.

As far as the heated steering wheel, that's what I'm going to try and do next...

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,008 Posts
View attachment 298143
Here's a Z-28 steering wheel (just custom painted) I currently have on my Eco, same as the SS wheel just with different stitching and the logo.

As far as the heated steering wheel, that's what I'm going to try and do next...
Looks like I know my next upgrade! When removing the airbag I assume just disconnect the battery for awhile and unplug it? That’s the only part that makes me nervous. Do you need a steering wheel puller?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nope, just a decent length breaker bar and a T50 torx bit. Just be careful that the wires don't get tangled and keep the clock spring (under the steering wheel) in about the same position as possible. There's a tab on the clock spring that matches one of the openings on the steering wheel, just line them up.
You don't have to remove the internal wiring before removing the steering wheel, just carefully disconnect the connector from the clock spring.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm guessing there's a bunch of wrecked Camaros to have this proliferation of steering wheels out there...:)

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,487 Posts
Looks like I know my next upgrade! When removing the airbag I assume just disconnect the battery for awhile and unplug it? That’s the only part that makes me nervous. Do you need a steering wheel puller?
I explain the process of removing the steering wheel, including the airbag info and then installing a 2015 Camaro wheel here.

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,008 Posts
I explain the process of removing the steering wheel, including the airbag info and then installing a 2015 Camaro wheel here.

Ohhh very good, my wheel gets here tomorrow

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,008 Posts
Got my wheel in. Now my current cruise control is an on and off switch that sticks down. This one is a toggle. Is that an issue?

·
Registered
324 Posts
It...shouldn't be different..... but if it is, you would need to swap out the left side module with your existing one. That would require you to remove the airbag again then disconnect the wiring then pull off the "V" with the controls, then remove the cruise control module (left side of the V) then attach your existing one. Not difficult to do but a minor PITA just because you have to do some disassembly/reassembly on the steering wheel. Details here: GM Cruze Leather Steering Wheel technical guide

1 - 15 of 15 Posts