Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Just because the PCV "looks right" doesn't necessarily mean it's not malfunctioning. if there's an oil film on the intake side, and no visible drops or other signs on the outside of the engine, you may have a turbo issue too ... and I'm sure you already did this, but double check to ensure the oil dipstick was pushed completely into the tube. I had what I thought was an issue at one point, but then came to realize that for some reason, there was a slight catch somewhere on my dipstick tube and it wasn't going in all the way. Then again ... 1/2-3/4 quart in nearly 2,000 miles depending upon how you drive the car isn't so bad. My GMC has a known issue with the left side valve cover that holds the PCV "fitting" (it's not an actual valve) and it used a quart nearly every 1k miles! I wasn't aware of that issue until I was about 2.5 quarts low and searched the web for possible problems, and that's where I found my answer. Replaced the valve cover with the updated version, problem solved. Thank God I was using full synthetic and didn't go on any long road trips before I found that out! Best of luck with your troubleshooting

Reactions: dhpnet
1 - 1 of 1 Posts